Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Bad for any kids, today.
Shitty storm weather, especially in the afternoon. Evening maybe better. Will surely be not much Halloween fun, if they have to grab weather jackets...
But I'm in smalltown, where anyways not much is going on, this day.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
And the season of those simple and cozy wine festivals in small villages all around German wine-growing regions.

Just wonderful.

It’s been hotter’n a three-dollar hooker here for much of the summer and we’ve had more poor air quality days than good ones. It’s nice at night, though — typically just comfortably warm and the wind that picks up when the sun goes down blows out the funk. And the late-summer bug noises comfort me somehow.

I got a late start on the garden, though, so I’m hoping for a few more weeks of at least above freezing weather. The “shoulder” seasons here are unpredictable and unsteady, even hour to hour. It was 83 degrees Fahrenheit one October afternoon a few years ago. The following morning it was 19 and something like four to six inches of snow was on the ground.

Our two ash trees drop leaves by the millions, as do the neighbors’ trees of many varieties. I started composting leaves last year, with so-so results. It’s a learning process.

The native soil here is for ****. I accept that perhaps my greatest legacy might be that I leave subsequent owners of this property with the best soil in the subdivision. And then just watch, they’ll excavate it for a swimming pool.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld