Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Tom, you'll have to apply for a temporary visa before you can move here, but I can help with the application. Jackie applied for her NSC (Naturalized Southern Citizenship) when she moved here from Milwaukee in '83. She lived under a temporary visa until she finally received her citizenship year before last.

AF

You also have to learn the language of course! I'm sure you could find some nice Southern Belle to teach you!

rue

I am SO READY for autumn. I seriously think I have reverse SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) during the summer months. (Yep, it's just not for winter...).

Now I know what's wrong with me.....

That is the epitome of cold, dreary and nasty with snow that deep and thinking of driving in it. No greenery, no color other than white. No thanks.:eusa_doh:

:rolleyes:

Not even a little bit! I hate snow!

Even at Christmas? :eeek:

Especially at Christmas.
2169560_f520.jpg

Bahh... Humbug!

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
You also have to learn the language of course! I'm sure you could find some nice Southern Belle to teach you!

Oh, Lord! Please be careful! Let Tom make the transition in baby steps. Get him involved too soon with some green-eyed, honey voiced, blond named Savannah Leigh and she'll kill him before he can even apply for citizenship!

AF

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I am SO READY for autumn. I seriously think I have reverse SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) during the summer months.

Yap same on my side, I really do not like warm sunny weather. Autumn is my favorite season, closely followed by winter. The irony is that I am from and I live in Hawaii... One man's paradise is another's...

Fall here in Ohio is usually pretty nice. I just don't like what comes afterward.
This past winter was especially bad here, and the spring was wet and cold. Having grown up in FL and GA I know what it's like to have limited seasons, so I have come to appreciate each one. I just wish winter didn't last so long.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
That is the epitome of cold, dreary and nasty with snow that deep and thinking of driving in it. No greenery, no color other than white. No thanks.:eusa_doh:
You can't imagine how blue the sky is the day after a good snowstorm. It sparkles off the snow and makes the icy trees glisten. It's stunningly beautiful. As for driving, all it takes is practice and a decent car. When I was 17, I had a VW mini-bus and volunteered for the local hospital, driving essential doctors and nurses between home and hospital. That thing RAWKED the snow and ice. Right now, I have a Subaru wagon and it handled that snow without a problem. It's the people in the SUVs who are the problem in snow. They think that just because it's an SUV, they think they don't have to be careful, not understanding they are, in fact, more prone to roll overs and other incidents in the snow than a car like mine.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
I was born and raised in Southern California, the land of paradise to some, but I hated the year long summers there [huh]
My husband is from South Florida. He hates going back during Christmas. He really enjoys a cold Christmas now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe