Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Death I have cheated. [angel] And I like spam. :D
-----
An Elvis is yet to be tried. ;)

Another wonderful rainy Autumn day. Bears vs Tampa Bay. Hot coffee and some poetry.

And the dusk inward rolled,
Not light or dark, but drear...
I have so often fled
Wherever I could drink
Dark coffee and there read
More than a man would think....

J.V. Cunningham, Coffee
:coffee:

Drear is right! PU!

You haven't cheated Death for long enough to be sure. :p

Send bacon. :p

Besides, it's pretty much made from the same thing as bacon. :p

Bacon-SPAM.png

:D

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
This cold weather has made some fairly rotten things happen around our place....the garage is attached to our home...by a breeze way. So I go waltzing out to find some Christmas Tree ornaments and I see what appears to be "mice poop" in a few places on the garage floor! SO...I have several options here....I can lock my cat in the garage, she is a killer kitty when it comes to mice...or...I can "lock and load" as I have some shot shells for a 45. that I can perhaps safely shoot the little rascals if I do see them....or.....I can buy a dozen or so traps...( a few traps just never would to it for me, over kill is better when it comes to dealing with mice)...or...another suggestion...I can allow my gas mower to run for about an hour with all the doors closed up tight and see if the fumes gets them.....

These darn mice would NOT be in my garage if it was still warm out....I can tell they decided to come in where it is somewhat warmer...I think they expected to have some hot co-co with marshmellows....they will NOT like what I have planned for them...at all! LOL!

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
:thumb:

:nono:
Some things I'll never accept - spam is one of them. :p

Again, we agree, James. :D

Oh, dear...
No one was THAT BAD, darling. :p

There are a few things FAR worse than spam....those small cans of cheapo deviled meat....(I know they use beeks and feet only for that meat)....and then those dinky "vienna sausages"....VIENNA? No way....those things at best,...maybe come from as far away as North Dakota...but NOT vienna....and I suspect those things more than likely have some Coyote meat, as well as ground up pig snout....they do not fool me one bit.

Another major food disfunction is on the dairy case in the stores...you probably walk right past this sort of "cheesy" stuff.....as they place it near real cheese...but this is called a "Cheese Food"....no real cheese...read the label and find out what sort of tricks they place making that stuff.....Soy bean extract...(that is a top secret code for torturing soy beans..) and then some even more bizarre added features like chemicals, mono this and that....sodium nitro this and that....and they do not even put a warning on that stuff....and what could "cheese food" really be? You don't feed it to cheese....but they call it that... Take the hint...it is NOT a good thing to consume....(sober or not).

Would you be referring to that stuff that squirts out of a can like shaving cream? I have no problems with good old fashioned spam, but I draw the line at that stuff for sure.

And good luck with the meese in the garage. I noticed last week evidence of some around the water heater. Unfortunately, back in the spring when we first moved into this house, the big majestic looking owl living in one of the trees out back ate our poor kitty. Our little house dog, who was a darn good mouser herself, also crossed the rainbow bridge this past summer. I guess I could put the Labrador under there, but I don't think that would help the situation. He'd probably do more damage than the little critters. I guess I'll have to rely on a few traps for now. Given the amount of wildlife I've seen around here, I guess I should be glad it's just mice.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
There are a few things FAR worse than spam....those small cans of cheapo deviled meat....
We've got those - I know about it, but never had it.

a "Cheese Food".... You don't feed it to cheese....
:pound:

Would you be referring to that stuff that squirts out of a can like shaving cream?
:doh:
What ever that thing might be - I will never accept food that squirts. :D

This cold weather has made some fairly rotten things happen around our place....the garage is attached to our home...by a breeze way. So I go waltzing out to find some Christmas Tree ornaments and I see what appears to be "mice poop" in a few places on the garage floor! SO...I have several options here....I can lock my cat in the garage, she is a killer kitty when it comes to mice...or...I can "lock and load" as I have some shot shells for a 45. that I can perhaps safely shoot the little rascals if I do see them....or.....I can buy a dozen or so traps...( a few traps just never would to it for me, over kill is better when it comes to dealing with mice)...or...another suggestion...I can allow my gas mower to run for about an hour with all the doors closed up tight and see if the fumes gets them.....

These darn mice would NOT be in my garage if it was still warm out....I can tell they decided to come in where it is somewhat warmer...I think they expected to have some hot co-co with marshmellows....they will NOT like what I have planned for them...at all! LOL!

Traps are the best way. Go to the store and buy the mouse traps with yellow plastic paddles with holes in them that are "pre-baited". Take a little peanut butter and smear it on the face of the bait paddle forcing it through the holes on the paddle. Set the trap. Mr. mouse will push down on the paddle with his nose trying to get to that wonderful smelling peanut butter underneath. The trap will spring and get him across the neck every time. I've never had one escape. One year I trapped 13 of them in my garage over a two week period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld