Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

At the Dog Track... The Whippets

Canadian Cowboy

One of the Regulars
Well, my Whippet box came in today...

5350067462_f461eed1e7.jpg

5349456249_e8cbbe66ea.jpg

5349456323_067b17bb1e.jpg

Coincidentally, inside the hat box was some vintage (meaning old! LOL) segments of white felt that was used for someone's hat as a sweatband spacer. Oddly enough, my own Whippet is a size too big for me and these pieces of old felt came in mighty handy!!

Nice (Whippet Kennel) make sure the Dog stays in the Yard!!! L.O.L.!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

CC
CC

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Pair Of Green Whippets

Finally getting around to posting pictures of the pair of Whippets, of which I am current caretaker.

Color: Bluegrass?
Crown: 4-3/4", as creased.
Ribbon: 1-5/8".
Brim: 2-5/8", with 3/8" edge binding.
Sweatband: 2".

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Delectans, as you are wearing the 7 1/2, I guess the other size 7 doesn't fit? Also, what color would you call the second one?

Yes, indeed I am wearing the 7-1/2, which I described as possibly being the Stetson Bluegrass color, based upon the period ads I have seen. The 7, I would characterize as a sage green. I usually wear 7-1/2, so the 7 definitely does not fit, but I acquired it initially to study the lines and construction details of the vaunted Whippet, prior to getting the 7-1/2.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Thanks for the details. I figured there must be a story there! While the one that fits is a great looking Whippet, it's still a bit of a shame the other doesn't fit - it's a visually interesting color. I'm sure you can offload it if you are of a mind to do so!

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
MV, would you consider that as fitting the bill for that green lid you're still lacking?

Exacta-mundo!!
;)

I have only three hats left on my gotta-get-it list. (all in size 7 or 7-1/8 in a pinch)

A green fedora (any nice one will do, not looking for a specific brand or maker, but it has to be bigger than a 2-1/4 inch brim like all my hats do)
Another silverbelly Open Road Stetson for general wearing (I don't want to wear my Twenty-Five all the time, that one is too nice for knockabout)
A Stetson 100.... and this will likely be a hard one for me due to not having a million bucks lying around doin' nuthing! LOL

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the details. I figured there must be a story there! While the one that fits is a great looking Whippet, it's still a bit of a shame the other doesn't fit - it's a visually interesting color. I'm sure you can offload it if you are of a mind to do so!

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words, Chinaski! I agree the sage green Whippet is visually interesting, and of a color less often encountered.

Those are some awesome whippets. The greenish color with the goldish copper ribbon is such a sweet combo.
I really hope to acquire a nice one someday.

Thanks, Alex! Will keep an eye out for you, in 7-3/8LO;)

If yer ever ready to unload the size seven let me know, delectans.

Thanks, M.V., will let you know if I decide to part with the 7. Your recently adopted grey Whippet already getting lonely, eh?:lol:

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
At the rate you've been going, I'll give you til the end of April...:D

Jeeze... THAT long?

I am squirming already!

I am dying waiting for my Hatco Stratoliner to get here. Moaning that my Playboy isn't here yet (tomorrow according to tracking). Trembling in anticipation that my Stetson black No. 1 Quality isn't here yet (likely got til next Tuesday for that one). And abut to fall apart waiting for my antique hat stretcher (maybe next Wed.) and my rarely seen model of a Stetson 100 case gets here (which will likely come while I am in Wash. DC next Thursday and I'll have to wait four more days to get it even AFTER its delivered!).

All this waiting, waiting, interminable waiting... I feel like a spinster always waiting for that one right man to show up so we can get married.

Not that I'm impatient or anything. You know. I can wait like everyone else. No really... I can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe