Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Asking for Info/Advice on Near-Vintage(?) Ladies Hats, pt. 1: White Felt

gwold

New in Town
My wife's friend has unearthed two of her grandmother's hats while doing a post-retirement purge. She knows little else about them, except that Grandma probably bought them in NYC--certainly in the NJ/NYC area. They'll go up for sale, and I told the friend I'd help offer them up here if they're deemed worthy; else, we're asking for help in identifying them to better post them elsewhere. Hopefully the photos will be interesting enough to warrant your attention. But let me know if this is too close to shameless commerce and should be moved/deleted.

Here's the first hat, in white felt. The second is here.

White 1.JPG

It is unlined, with a cloth band and only the two labels.

White 2.JPG White 3.JPG White 4.JPG
White 5.JPG

Both hats have been long stored in a common box. It's tough to make out, but I *think* it's labeled Nevins-Voorhees (implying the hat that originally came in it was bought in Voorhees, NJ, not NYC). There's no further labelling inside, outside, or below. I suspect the white felt was the original occupant of the box, but we've no real way of knowing.

Hat Box.JPG

(Edited to link to the second hat.)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocette59