Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Is this a campdraft?
1GFzlAS.jpg
DChXwCU.jpg
Looks like a snowy river with a funky ribbon
Johnny

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Is this a campdraft?
1GFzlAS.jpg
DChXwCU.jpg

No, it ain't a Camp Draft. If it's an Akubra then it's more likely a ' snowy River' .....in days of yore, snowies sold through David Morgan used to have ribbons instead of the fake leather plaited bands on 'standard'' models but I think they were thinner ....this could be an early example or it has been has customized. If the brim width = 3 1/4", the chances are it's a snowy.

RJR

No, it ain't a Camp Draft. If it's an Akubra then it's more likely a ' snowy River' .....in days of yore, snowies sold through David Morgan used to have ribbons instead of the fake leather plaited bands on 'standard'' models but I think they were thinner ....this could be an early example or it has been has customized. If the brim width = 3 1/4", the chances are it's a snowy.
+1

Simontacchi

New in Town
Hello,

I guarantee you that this question has been asked millions of times on this site, but due to the difficulty in finding certain threads I figured Id just ask!

Where is the best place to buy 100% beaver fur felt hat bodies?

RJR

Hello,

I guarantee you that this question has been asked millions of times on this site, but due to the difficulty in finding certain threads I figured Id just ask!

Where is the best place to buy 100% beaver fur felt hat bodies?
Most will probably recommend Winchester in Winchester,TN.I believe they are a division of Stratton,the mfg of LE hats.

Revenger

New in Town
What exactly is a "Sample" hat? Sort of like a display model? I see some "promo" hats on eBay and some "Samples" at the outlet.

rockofgibraltar

New in Town
I like my hat very much so I wear it whenever I go and if the weather is not too bad. It is very classy student situation. I wear my wool fedora hat when I go out to a live music bar where there are full of people dancing with their drink. I came across people who would took my hat off without my consent and eventually, some rum and coke spilled on my hat.

Now, I am wondering how I could clean it up properly. Even though it is not sticky or leaving stain (my hat is deep brown), but it does smell like rum and coke :( I tired washing powder, not sure if I can soak a hat, Thanks.

P.S. I learn is to avoid wearing a hat in some places.

I like my hat very much so I wear it whenever I go and if the weather is not too bad. It is very classy student situation. I wear my wool fedora hat when I go out to a live music bar where there are full of people dancing with their drink. I came across people who would took my hat off without my consent and eventually, some rum and coke spilled on my hat.

Now, I am wondering how I could clean it up properly. Even though it is not sticky or leaving stain (my hat is deep brown), but it does smell like rum and coke :( I tired washing powder, not sure if I can soak a hat, Thanks.

P.S. I learn is to avoid wearing a hat in some places.

What is your hat made of? Fur, wool, straw?

Willybob

A-List Customer
I wonder if any of you bowler Aficionados can help me estimate the age of my grandad's old bowler. He gifted it to me in 1978. Here are some photos.
image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg