Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.
The making felt was very cool. Thank you for your reply.
ebay2811085.jpg

I hope this photo upload worked.

I think you left the actual file name off...I just took 1 out of your album..oh yea....welcome to the Lounge...

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
As a lover of classically designed duds, have found this forum very interesting and have already learned a ton by perusing the hat forum. Have some beginner's questions, though. Bought an old Lee fedora in a Goodwill, (narrow ribbon)-only one I own-some 25 years ago. As I'm too tech-impaired to post pics, I'll settle for words. It's brim is around 3 inches, it's crown around 4. Would that place its age in the 40's? Also, what's the best way to clean some minor dirt spots from it-is dry cleaning a no-no? thanks much, Earl

Pictures always help in dating items. If you cant post pictures, take a look under the sweatband for any markings or tags and let us know what they say. That could help us to identify a year or decade.

earl

A-List Customer
Pictures always help in dating items. If you cant post pictures, take a look under the sweatband for any markings or tags and let us know what they say. That could help us to identify a year or decade.
Well, I see the notations "Black Label" next to the Lee stamping on the band and Long Oval. thanks, Earl

Walt's Hats

New in Town
Hat boxes

In selling his hats on ebay, is it important to offer the hat boxes?
I have 3 Resistol hats in Resistol boxes and 2 Stetson hats in Dobbs boxes.
I think the size of the box is going to make for a big shipping box and is shipping cost a concern?
Thank you for your help.

In selling his hats on ebay, is it important to offer the hat boxes?
I have 3 Resistol hats in Resistol boxes and 2 Stetson hats in Dobbs boxes.
I think the size of the box is going to make for a big shipping box and is shipping cost a concern?
Thank you for your help.

Really depends on the buyer. Some get hung up on the idea of matching the hat with a box, some could care less.
I'd always offer to send a box for extra shipping especially if it is the original box with proper model/size/color.

Walt's Hats

New in Town
Thank you for your responses.
I noticed the classified section on the Lounge, do think I would be better off putting these up for sell on here since the Lounge folks love these old hats or on ebay?

vinnypolston

New in Town
Who makes that hat?

Hello everyone, I'm in need of some guidance. I am a big fan of White Collar and looking for a specific hat the main character wears. Here are some stills from the show. I know in the first season on of the hats he wore was the stingy by Tomaz & Williamson. This is not the same hat and after searching online I can not find the maker.

Any help you could give I would really appreciate!
Thanks,
Vinny

front shots
007.jpg

015.jpg

005.jpg

side shots

016.jpg

008.jpg

Walt's Hats

New in Town
I've looked into the classified info and I'd have to set a price and since I have no idea about these hats I guess I'll leave it up to the masses on ebay.

Also, another question about "moth nibbles". I've looked at these hats and I don't see any issues but I really do not know what this would look like to say they either have them or not. How do I identify moth issues?

Thanks again!

BTW, I really am enjoying reading all sorts of things on here!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Bruce Wayne posted in the Optimo thread that they're making the hats for White Collar...I don't know if that includes previous seasons or just the new ones.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Also, another question about "moth nibbles". I've looked at these hats and I don't see any issues but I really do not know what this would look like to say they either have them or not. How do I identify moth issues?

I got my first hat with moth nibbles this week from E Bay. Mine look like pencil eraser-size, round divots scooped out of the hat. They are on the underside of the brim in the back. I don't recall them being identified in the ad, but it's a $10 beater hat and no one will notice the scoops on a dark-colored hat, and if they did I couldn't care less. But if I were buying a nice hat, now having seen moth nibbles, I would most definitely be concerned.

... How do I identify moth issues?

Mothing looks like moon craters in the felt of varying sizes. Some can even look like a trench. The moth larvae feed on the felt, ergo Moth Nibbles.
Some can be just small dimples & some can go completely thru the hat body. Look closely around the ribbon band area & brim edges. You'll know it when you see it. There are some good threads on repair tactics around here somewhere. HTH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe