Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS (Vintage Silhouette) Summer weight size 7 custom hat

fedorafiend

Familiar Face
Jlee, you got that right! The guy really irked me particularly when he stated that he knew hats because he was from NYC and this was made of cheap, thin material. I checked his history (he's new to eBay) and his only other purchase was a cheapo new/modern Churchill for the same price as my Art Fawcett, pure beaver masterpiece.

My only mistake was in not listing the hat longer and not limiting bids to those with more than 15 feedbacks. I have discovered that the only time I encounter issues is with neophyte bidders.

fedorafiend

Familiar Face
Good luck. You already have some competition and less than a day to go. We'll see if Art Fawcett originals are keeping at least half their value. I bought it on ebay more than a year ago at a higher price than my starting price in the earlier auction, with the intention of stretching it but had second thoughts about possibly ruining it. Time to sell it to someone who will wear it.

fedorafiend

Familiar Face
Very disappointing result with this hat. I actually lost $75.00 (not counting ebay and paypal fees) on this hat and never even wore it. I hope the winner enjoys it and appreciates its quality.

I'll stick to vintage from now on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe