Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

+1 great hat!

I like it too... bow is lovely, folded in a 1920s fashion like this old Stetson western:

fray1.jpg

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Alan, a great many of my creations borrow from the past & I try to keep bringing older designs to the fore front. After all, that's my background...vintage. Only my color stripe & dimensional designs are truly mine.

As always Jauntyone, great pics. Thank you

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Looks great, Isaac. I assume it has the cool chevrons in the ribbon?

I shouldn't keep coming to this thread - I was thinking I had all the hats I need, but it is getting harder to resist!!

IsaacRN

One of the Regulars
Indeed it does have the wonderful chevrons. After receiving this hat, I feel that my other two VS traditional bows look a little plain. HAHA. I really think i prefer the Mac B's Dove color over my other VS Blue Smoke.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

Eric: I'm looking at the hat right now under electric lights and it does have a rather "minty" cast to it. It's a cool green rather than a warm green; it's a very pastel shade. The ribbon on this hat is a silvery-gray which complements the light green very well.
I really like the texture of the felt; it's reminiscent (did I spell that right?) of the Resistol kitten finish.
I don't really have any specific occasions in mind for this hat, but it's color seems more like a spring/summer color. I don't know if it goes well with my dark gray overcoat.
I'm really happy with the bow; I think I like it even better than the regular Stratoliner/Open Road bow. And, of course, Art's workmanship is sublime!

Thanks Jauntyone. Your "sage" info and wisdom is very helpfull. Eric -

Last edited:
Alan, a great many of my creations borrow from the past & I try to keep bringing older designs to the fore front. After all, that's my background...vintage. Only my color stripe & dimensional designs are truly mine.

We are all borrowers... you do it gracefully and with much style. Always enjoying following this thread and your creations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld