Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Jabos

A-List Customer
GClark, thanks for going to the trouble of posting another pic!!! That is a beautiful hat. I didn't catch if it is lightweight or regular weight. It looks great!!!

Jauntyone

Practically Family
GClark said:
VS_Strat_inMirror.jpg

I really like the proportions of that hat! :eusa_clap

GClark

One of the Regulars
VS "Strat"

Hey guys - a couple more somewhat better shots where you can see the ribbon taken today at Harper's Ferry

HarpersFerry.jpg

HarpersFerry2.jpg

And yes - the fuzzy shot was taken in the mirror

kaosharper1

One Too Many
GClark said:
Hey guys - a couple more somewhat better shots where you can see the ribbon taken today at Harper's Ferry

And yes - the fuzzy shot was taken in the mirror

Very nice GC. I have a vintage Strat, but I bet Art's is actually better.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Jabos said:
Hey Art, the masses are chanting:

We Want Oxblood! We Want Oxblood! We Want Oxblood!

I think Art`s CABERNET with Burgundy ribbon would make a nice challenge to the Optimo... have`nt seen one of those...or is that one on WEEGEE jumping in the photo on the first page of this thread, and on Art`s hat shelf at the bottom of the same page?

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Art Fawcett Capone Replica

I asked Art to replicate two Borsalino fedoras owned by Al Capone and the first arrived yesterday. The ribbon was taken from an early 20's fedora so it has a great period accurate feel.

White Rabbit Felt

IMG_2899.jpg

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I'm perplexed. [huh]

The side dents are fantastic and that vintage bow is great, but I have the overwhelming urge to call you a gangster. :p :eusa_clap

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Delthayre said:
Say now! That's a fantastic hat; I love it's proportions. Pray tell, how high is the crown and how wide is the brim?

Crown - 6" open

Brim - 2 1/2"

Ribbon - 2 1/4"

The actual historical photo indicated a ribbon width of 2" but this vintage ribbon @ 2 1/4" was too nice to pass up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe