Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
Vey nice choice! I can imagine you getting a lot of wear from those brown tones. The lines are really well proportioned, and the thicker brim binding finishes it off well, HB. Your choices get better and better...is it the lite?:eusa_clap

Thanks but this one was all Art. I asked for natural 2 3/8" brim, 5- 5 1/8" diamond bashed crown with alot of rake and an orangy-rusty-earthy ribbbon and I got this.......
dusty008.jpg

the requested Noggin shot:D

Left the felt weight up to Art also and he made it in standard weight.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Jabos said:
And did you get a red liner? Very nice Bart.

The black liner on this one and it really looks nice. But the next one is getting that red liner;) ....................I have to wait for my banker/wife to go nuts again though

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
handlebar bart said:
dusty003.jpg

dusty004.jpg

5" diamond crown
2 3/8" brim
Ribbon is a mocha brownish color with the slightest hint of a rusty thing goin' on

I think he outdid himself........Thanks Art:eusa_clap
Beautiful hat, HB! I've been communicating with Art via PM about a Montecristi, but the more I review this thread, the more I want to hold off on the straw and go for one of his extraordinary felts. Such difficult decisions...Congrats on this one!
Steve

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Jabos said:
I posted this in the Dusty Pink thread, but will also do so here so this beautiful Art creation gets its appropriate Hall of Fame recognition. This hat is a shameless copy of Daizawaguy's stingy, but with a 2 5/8ths brim. Art is my hero!!!!!!! I love this lightweight felt. The pink is more "dusty" than bright and the second photo is the best representation.
050.jpg
Fantastic lid, Jabos! I couldn't imagine ordering something in dusty pink, but seeing that hat, I could now!
Steve

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
handlebar bart said:
Thanks but this one was all Art. I asked for natural 2 3/8" brim, 5- 5 1/8" diamond bashed crown with alot of rake and an orangy-rusty-earthy ribbbon and I got this.......
dusty008.jpg

the requested Noggin shot:D

Left the felt weight up to Art also and he made it in standard weight.
That broad brim binding is fantastic, as is the bash...:eusa_clap

Jabos

A-List Customer
jazzncocktails said:
Fantastic lid, Jabos! I couldn't imagine ordering something in dusty pink, but seeing that hat, I could now!
Steve
I'm telling you-I am pretty conservative and would never have requested Art to make this hat if it were not for Daizawaguy's photos. I had actually ordered a Tucker from Art to take out on the trail in Colorado, but I caught Art the day before it was to go on the block and changed my order to the Dusty and haven't looked back! I still want a Tucker, but this hat is great. The lightweight felt is amazing.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Bart-does your daughter like your hats? Mine gives me grief that I am spending her college money on hats. ha. So, if in a few years you see my hats on Ebay you will know she might have been right! That is a great ribbon but I must honestly confess that it is not my favorite because it is close in color to that of my arch rival college team-the Texas Longhorns. Alucard, is Bart's hat tempting you? Still, it is a beauty of a lid.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Jabos said:
Bart-does your daughter like your hats? Mine gives me grief that I am spending her college money on hats. ha. So, if in a few years you see my hats on Ebay you will know she might have been right! That is a great ribbon but I must honestly confess that it is not my favorite because it is close in color to that of my arch rival college team-the Texas Longhorns. Alucard, is Bart's hat tempting you? Still, it is a beauty of a lid.

It depends on the daylol lol She's at that age where she either digs Dads style completely or I'm the biggest dork in the world[huh]
Thanks alot for the complements on the new one Jabos and fellas. The thing that amazes me about Art is the range he has. He's one guy who you can just have do his thing and you know you will get something in the mail that you will love and is way beyond your expectations. Art has a wonderful gift.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
handlebar bart said:
Thanks alot for the complements on the new one Jabos and fellas. The thing that amazes me about Art is the range he has. He's one guy who you can just have do his thing and you know you will get something in the mail that you will love and is way beyond your expectations. Art has a wonderful gift.

Thank you Bart, I try hard. The ribbon on your hat was one of the collection I brought home from my last road trip ( Montana) and I was saving it for just the right hat color combo. I think we hit it!!

back to the workbench...

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
Thank you Bart, I try hard. The ribbon on your hat was one of the collection I brought home from my last road trip ( Montana) and I was saving it for just the right hat color combo. I think we hit it!!

back to the workbench...

Wow, makes me even more tickled to have this hat.

univibe88

One Too Many
I recently sent a Montecristi to Art for a reblock. Here is a paraphrase of my last email from Art regarding the ribbon:

I'm thinking something less boring than black for this one....
I actually have some stripes I' ve never used ..oh wait..perfect...
How daring are you Sir?

I think you all can imagine how excited I am. Art seemed inspired, and when he is inspired the results are spectacular! If USPS loves me, I'll get it tomorrow. But it might not get here until Friday.

StylinLA

Familiar Face
VS in Silverbelly

New Trackside from Art in Silverbelly with burgandy ribbon. 2.5 inch brim.

Love it. Tough to really capture that light color...very subtle. A little beige in first photo; a little gray in second pic-- which is really kind of accurate. Color leans beige or gray depending on lighting and/or what you're wearing.

SilverBelly1.jpg

Silverbelly2.jpg

StylinLA

Familiar Face
Since my old photo bucket links evaporated, here's my other VS

Black Sportaire with 2.5 inch brim and a fantastic crown ribbon in graphite gray. A constant favorite of mine.
BlackART4.jpg

The standard Dark Moss Sportaire with 2.5 inch brim.
MossArt1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe