Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Thanks SRcrX! Incredible flange on such a small brim, and that front snap...perfection.

Is it black, or a dark grey?

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
It is dark moss

Thanks everyone for the kind compliments Art deserves the praise.

Now, I will have a trusty companion for this summer. At the moment I will stick with my black cherry with this weather....

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Art must have been busy building Dualist hats. No sooner did SpeedRcrX get her beautiful new hat, but I package arrived here as well.

Last year I had bought a Montecristi from Optimo, but I never really got to love it. I had the idea that Art would be able to take the Panama and combine it with his new Black Cherry lightweight felt to make a super Dualist - the VS Optimo Surprise.

The hat still retains the sweatband and ribbon/windtrolly from the original Optimo and Art supplied the felt part and the talent to bring it together.

Thank you Art, I'm loving the style of the hat - it is just what I imagined! Here are the pics...

D31_8205-L.jpg

D31_8207-L.jpg

D31_8208-L.jpg

D31_8210-L.jpg

Mystic

Practically Family
Art must have been busy building Dualist hats. No sooner did SpeedRcrX get her beautiful new hat, but I package arrived here as well.

Last year I had bought a Montecristi from Optimo, but I never really got to love it. I had the idea that Art would be able to take the Panama and combine it with his new Black Cherry lightweight felt to make a super Dualist - the VS Optimo Surprise.

The hat still retains the sweatband and ribbon/windtrolly from the original Optimo and Art supplied the felt part and the talent to bring it together.

Thank you Art, I'm loving the style of the hat - it is just what I imagined! Here are the pics...

D31_8207-L.jpg

Great looking hat. Color, style, versatility....everything! :eusa_clap
Really Really like this hat....

Just what I need for Florida winters....If I could afford one :( [huh]

seabass

Call Me a Cab
David,
This is something special here.
as Landman says its a Beautiful Hat.
Congrats & Happy Birthday !

Art this is insanely cool work !

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up

The hat still retains the sweatband and ribbon/windtrolly from the original Optimo and Art supplied the felt part and the talent to bring it together. Thank you Art, I'm loving the style of the hat - it is just what I imagined! Here are the pics...

D31_8208-L.jpg

David; Brilliant! Truly a stunner. If ever there was a reason to order a Dualist, this hat kicks a hat fancier in the butt. The black cherry felt is a great idea. The contrast of the panama and the dark felt makes great eye interest. The eye interest is topped by the brim treatment. The word that comes to my tongue is gracefull. Now this hat I can see being worn a bunch. You wear it in your neighborhood and folks will recognize you for the nobelesse gentleman you really are. Lots of genuflecting will be done in your prescense when you are wearing this hat I am betting. ;)

If you get the opportunity David, can you put up a shot of you wearing the hat? I would appreciate getting an idea of the ratio of the height of the sides, the brim, the ribbon compared to the dimensions of your face. Thanks in advance. This dualist makes my short list of desirable hats.

Ohhhh, my back is aching from the genuflection I am directing to your easterly direction, Eric -

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Thank for for the VS Optimo comments guys - this is certainly a hat that I plan to wear a lot when things warm up again.

Hey Eric - I don't have a good photo I'm afraid, but I did take this one...

smugshot_8214056-L.jpg

I'm liking the Black Cherry lightweight felt. As others have shown, it is quite a bit darker than the original Black Cherry (I like that one a lot too!)

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Weirdly, David, that last pic shows more of the cherry flavor than I've seen in any of the black cherry lite felt pics so far, at least on my monitor. Nice!

ibchipster

New in Town
Nice hat David.
I have a Black Cherry coming form Art, hopefully today, and seeing your picture just makes me want to speed up the mail all the more.

DJH

I'll Lock Up
My sentiments exactly.
Weirdly, David, that last pic shows more of the cherry flavor than I've seen in any of the black cherry lite felt pics so far, at least on my monitor. Nice!
Nice hat David.
I have a Black Cherry coming form Art, hopefully today, and seeing your picture just makes me want to speed up the mail all the more.

Thanks, guys.

Jeff - the new Black Cherry is quite a bit darker than the original version. In a lot of lighting conditions it looks very close to black, but it does have the red tone. I wouldn't say it is quite as red as in my rather poor photo - even the black ribbon seems to have some red in the shot.

ibchipster - Congratulations on the new hat. I hope you'll be posting some pics of your Black Cherry when you get it. Is it the original or the new lightweight felt?

ibchipster

New in Town
Well I received two nice things today my lightweight Black Cherry and the tracking number for the second hat in Granite. I took some quick pictures with my phone I will try to to get some better ones soon.

20130118_162935.jpg

20130118_163010.jpg

20130118_150540.jpg

20130118_150748.jpg

20130118_150728.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe