Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

barrowjh

One Too Many
I think this is still a work in progress, as there is no indication which colors will come in the Legacy grade. I suspect the color selection will be limited, at least in the beginning, until Art (and others?) get a feel for demand volume.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
We have changes in the works Gents.

I've decided to get a little more exotic with blends and offerings. You are right John, the colors are very limited as the investment is pretty high so for now only Silverbelly, Black Cherry, and Silvermist. I have prototypes made but cannot photograph them till the end of next week. All are featherweight and aimed specifically at the SoCal market or anywhere that heat is of major consideration. I expect to get grief over the move but please note on the same Felt page that for the first time I am also listing Rabbit ( Joey) as an offering to satisfy that end of the market also. I don't know if this is a good move or bad but it sure is exciting!!!

I spoke to my wife by phone at lunch today. She reported that she had saved one of my nice gray fedoras from the jaws of my Redbone Coonhound. I am hoping it wasn't my new Granite VS, however she indicated that it was unharmed. I am also informed that she is now Queen of the Year for that save.

Congratulations Art. I'm sure they will be a success. As you are shopping for exotic fur felts, vicuna seems a nice addition to beaver too, judging from the Neiman-Marcus Churchill 100 that I picked up some time back.

Looking forward to the pictures!

Mulceber

Practically Family
I expect to get grief over the move

I can't imagine anyone giving you grief over the decision, Art. More felt choices can only be a good thing. When you get around to it, it would be nice to have a list of all the colors available for each felt (perhaps with swatches; I realize this is problematic because monitors differ in their portrayals of color, but it would give people an idea of what the colors look like - you could still send out the swatches as well). Regardless, this is awesome news, I'm really happy for you. I may be buying a Legacy felt hat from you somewhere down the line. -M

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Congratulations Art. I'm sure they will be a success. As you are shopping for exotic fur felts, vicuna seems a nice addition to beaver too, judging from the Neiman-Marcus Churchill 100 that I picked up some time back.

Looking forward to the pictures!

Thanks Alan, the hats are actually arriving in Los Angeles today so when I get home next week I can picture them.
Please be patient Gentlemen, the site is being worked on daily by Ed, I've been thrashing on prototypes that are out of my norm ( narrower brims), I'm lagging in the information dept to Ed, but it's all going to work out right in the end.

Having color swatches would be good and you are right, having available colors in each category would be the right thing to do. Are you getting this Ed?

Hmm, I wonder if a 100% vicuna would work? Are we really ready for a 5K felt hat?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I spoke to my wife by phone at lunch today. She reported that she had saved one of my nice gray fedoras from the jaws of my Redbone Coonhound. I am hoping it wasn't my new Granite VS, however she indicated that it was unharmed. I am also informed that she is now Queen of the Year for that save.

gulp....you owe her BIG my friend..

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Hmm, I wonder if a 100% vicuna would work? Are we really ready for a 5K felt hat?

In analogy to cloth fabrics, a small percentage of vicuna (5%, maybe 10%) is probably enough to change the appearance and properties of the felt body dramatically. Consider the big difference between a 100% cotton cloth and a 95% cotton/ 5% cashmere cloth, or the difference between a 100% woolen and a 95/5 woolen/ cashmere - with the woolen (cotton) part held equal, respectively.

Personally, my favorite among your felt offerings is the lightweight beaver. Keep them coming! :) I hope to see several felt colors make a re-appearance in lightweight.

Thanks Alan, the hats are actually arriving in Los Angeles today so when I get home next week I can picture them.
Please be patient Gentlemen, the site is being worked on daily by Ed, I've been thrashing on prototypes that are out of my norm ( narrower brims), I'm lagging in the information dept to Ed, but it's all going to work out right in the end.

Having color swatches would be good and you are right, having available colors in each category would be the right thing to do. Are you getting this Ed?

Hmmmm... How about an Otter fur hat? :p

The ultimate in bragging rights that's for sure. I have no doubt someone would go for it. The wind trolley should be a gold chain to add to it's distinction.

fedoralover

Special roan sweatband, silk embroidered liner, gold wind trolley, special AF initialed button for the wind trolley, signed certificate of authenticity and a leather case to house the hat when you are not wearing it. :p

Sounds doable JP, good idea!!

I figured you could do it. The phone is ringing. Mickey Dolenz wants one. :p
mickey_dolenz.jpg-1665.jpg

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, interesting.

My wife had promised me an Optimo 1000 as a 60th birthday present, even though it isn't for 30 years (yeh right!)

After my disappointing Panama experience with Optimo, a special felt with Art's level of customer service seems a better idea.

Then again, 2 or 3 lightweight VS's might be an even better idea. More choice is a wonderful thing!

dnjan

One Too Many
For five grand, I would expect the hat to be hand delivered.

By someone my wife wouldn't approve of ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld