Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
I wonder how many hats Art personally owns??

A few!

IMG_20060616_0001_2.jpg

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I wonder how many hats Art personally owns??

Are you sitting down Sir?...at my high point I had approx 1500 hats. When i decided to retire to Oregon from the Vintage biz & contracting biz, I sold my best 300 privately and then auctioned off the balance. Obsessive might be a good word....there are other words I'm sure. )) This is why my "eye" leans toward vintage designs.
Right this moment I have 6 in rotation but remember, I have access to a decent hatter ..

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
:):cool: I thought it might help Frank. My wife & I had a deal, I wouldn't count her shoes if she didn't count my hats or suits. It actually helped a lot when closing out our business..lots to sell

wmc

Familiar Face
Are you sitting down Sir?...at my high point I had approx 1500 hats. When i decided to retire to Oregon from the Vintage biz & contracting biz, I sold my best 300 privately and then auctioned off the balance. Obsessive might be a good word....there are other words I'm sure. )) This is why my "eye" leans toward vintage designs.
Right this moment I have 6 in rotation but remember, I have access to a decent hatter ..

Well! I'm not surprised you would have a large number but never expected that many!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
:):cool: I thought it might help Frank. My wife & I had a deal, I wouldn't count her shoes if she didn't count my hats or suits. It actually helped a lot when closing out our business..lots to sell

What happens when you have more shoes than her and a posse of hats as well...(but 1500? that would be a Fed L record methinks)...am I right RLK?

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
That would be my guess also. In my case though, I ended up renting much of it to the film industry whenever a period film came around so the wife didn't object much when the $ came in. It also taught me to renovate because of the inevitable damage from the film. That's how I came to own the fedora that Jeff Bridges wore in Seabisquit. I rented all of mine of the '30s-40's & the costumer picked it as lead hat.

BR Gordon

One Too Many
This afternoon I received two boxes from Art.

The first is my first Artlite. Art built it with an open crown height of 6", 12 ligne crown ribbon and ribbon binding on the brim.

The second hat I had Art make to the same dimensions of the sombrero that I had 45 years ago, slightly different than what is currently popular.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
BR; Now that Artlite is darn sharp. Has all the features you could wish for - ribbon treatment, felt weight, vent holes, superb fit, dimensions and craftsmaship. Just sharp sir.

Your second hat works with your winter digs. Congrats on only waiting 45 years.

Best, Eric -

BR Gordon

One Too Many
BR; Now that Artlite is darn sharp. Has all the features you could wish for - ribbon treatment, felt weight, vent holes, superb fit, dimensions and craftsmaship. Just sharp sir.

Your second hat works with your winter digs. Congrats on only waiting 45 years.

Best, Eric -

SBG, thanks for the nice comments. I'm looking forward to wearing the Artlite. As much as I like the panamas, I really like the idea of having an alternate summer hat.

As for the sombrero, I can't imagine wearing it very often. It is mostly something from my past, remembering my youth.

This afternoon I received two boxes from Art.

The first is my first Artlite. Art built it with an open crown height of 6", 1" crown ribbon and ribbon binding on the brim.

The second hat I had Art make to the same dimensions of the sombrero that I had 45 years ago, slightly different than what is currently popular.

The Artlite is great!

The sombrero reminds me of Lee Van Cleef all those years ago. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe