Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi Jauntyone,
I have to say I feel about the same as Aureliano and Ordinary Guy on that hat. For me it's a style question. It just doesn't look like the style that I would want to wear. The same hat in felt form would look good to me but in dark milan straw it just doesn't work IMHO. I think it's just the tall crown and dark color that I wouldn't want with a straw hat.

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Thanks, everyone. Aureliano and Ordinary Guy, I really appreciate your honest opinions. Can I ask what it is specifically that you don't care for in this hat?

Looking at the pictures and looking at it on you ( and same goes for other loungers) it looks great..

So much so that I ordered one for me, but once in my hats I didn't like the look close up, texture etc. And on my noggin definitely did not like it at all.....

So when I said I didn't like it, I meant as a hat for me not particularly your hat or those of anyone else....

Again I think they look great , I especially like RBH's and cliff's. But they are are just not for me IMHO..

Hope that helps clarify

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
+1 from me on the Barnstormer reminds me of Josh's Open Road Milan he sold in July.
web.jpg

Wish Art had more colors I have 5 regular Milan's I wear during the summer months.

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, everyone. Aureliano and Ordinary Guy, I really appreciate your honest opinions. Can I ask what it is specifically that you don't care for in this hat?

The color of the milan and the overall proportions of the hat, just don't appeal to my eye. I had the same feeling when Rusty posted his. There's something odd about it, I don't know if it's the thin ribbon and brim binding... Not a hat for me. Though it suits you well.

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
Great look!

Love it j-1 great look especially in contrast to the lighter sport coat!!! Great look!

Kk

Last edited:

Cliffnopus

One of the Regulars
I find that I like the style and color but the thin ribbon and the bound brim turn me off. I'm not a thin ribbon guy on any hat, so that infulences me on the ribbon part...and the bound edge doesn't look right on a Milan - to me. But that's just my opinion and....no one asked for it.

Cliff

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Gentlemen,

let me present the works of Art that I acquired during the last half year. First up is the Dove.
Testing, testing..

igcj1d.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
VS Dove

Now then, this one is a Dove 5.5" x 2 3/8" bound brim in silver with 22 ligne charcoal ribbon. The color Dove seems to be hard to capture; these shots were made on a bright overcast late afternoon.

Overcast, brim lies in half-shadow:
wikcy0.jpg

263a4ua.jpg

In direct sunlight:
2d8p9oz.jpg

wr0un8.jpg

It has been said before, but it's worth repeating that the dove is a marvelous color. The violet undertone means that while it still is a light grey on the cool side of the color spectrum, there are warm elements in it - something entirely different from a bluish hue.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you all for your kind comments.
I'm wondering whether I'm overdoing the pic size? They are 300+ KB... I certainly don't intend to slow down the FL loading. Any thoughts on that?

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Here is a Silverbelly 5.5" x 2 3/8" bound brim in gold with a 19 ligne ribbon in dark grey w/ faint greenish undertone, and a black windcord.

httpi51.tinypic.com28b40tk.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/8zi7gj.jpg

Ribbon bow and felt finish:
o5n68x.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe