Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

WineGuy

A-List Customer
Chinaski said:
Wineguy, that is about as close to The Fedora Lounge logo guy as I've seen anyone come! Great style and great Art lid. :eusa_clap

Wow, thanks Chinaski, I'm flattered! But now you've got my ego going. Let's have a little fun with this. I just started a thread called "I Look Like The Fedora Lounge Logo Guy!" under the "Hats" category. I invite other loungers to dress up and submit their mugs(hat,head, shoulder profile) for review.

http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=49255

indycop

I'll Lock Up
St.Ignatz said:
CIMG1562.jpg

CIMG1565.jpg

Artlite 2 1/2", underwelt, thin ribbon.
Swwweeeettt!!!:eusa_clap

Lloyd

A-List Customer
My Oxblood arrived today (lots of pics)

Goodfellow style crown (more or less)
2 5/8 brim
amazing finish on the felt.

best color sample, but not very flattering for me
VSOxbloodApril2010portraitbestcolor.jpg

better portrait shot although I think I won't wear this with a purple shirt
VSOxbloodApril2010portraitbestportr.jpg

with VS Rust for some comparison
VSOxbloodApril2010oxbloodandrust11.jpg

side
VSOxbloodApril2010profile6.jpg

front
VSOxbloodApril2010front12.jpg

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Lloyd said:
2 5/8 brim

better portrait shot although I think I won't wear this with a purple shirt
VSOxbloodApril2010portraitbestportr.jpg

front
VSOxbloodApril2010front12.jpg

You are killing me. That is a sharp VS. That sets the bar pretty dang high for the rest of the oxblood hats Art makes.:eusa_clap

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Viper Man said:
Awesome, Ignatz! I am in line for an Art and am thinking of making it a thin ribbon, too. Is that Granite? 5 1/2" crown? Also, how is the stability of the brim in the featherweight felt?

I went with an under welt because I had the same question. It adds a nice bit of stability and looks real spiffy as well.
Tom D.

jporgeck

Familiar Face
Nice

St.Ignatz said:
CIMG1562.jpg

CIMG1565.jpg

Artlite 2 1/2", underwelt, thin ribbon.

I prefer hats with a wider ribbon, however, your hat looks very striking. Seems it didn't take Art very long once he announced that you came into the queue. Seems that was less than a week ago, as I recall. Anyway, enjoy your hat.

jporgeck

Familiar Face
Handsome hat

Lloyd said:
2 5/8 brim

best color sample, but not very flattering for me
VSOxbloodApril2010portraitbestcolor.jpg

Looks good on your profile. So this is the oxblood color that many have been speaking of. Nice to finally see it in the felt, so to speak.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
jporgeck said:
I prefer hats with a wider ribbon, however, your hat looks very striking. Seems it didn't take Art very long once he announced that you came into the queue. Seems that was less than a week ago, as I recall. Anyway, enjoy your hat.
I was in line for a few weeks before my turn came up. That notice was just a courtesy from the gentleman.
Tom D.

barrowjh

One Too Many
Lloyd's 'amazing finish on the felt'

I agree with the praise for the finish - it really looks nice. Sanded to a creamy finish, nice work by Art. I saw the bodies at Winchester last month; nice to see how different they look after sanding.

I've found that sanding can tend to 'lighten' the color of felt just a bit; vintage felt that has 'been through it' has an outer layer that is trying to unfelt itself, and as the fibers loosen, they create shadows and cause inconsistent light reflection. Sanding to achieve that smooth, creamy finish again also achieves improved light reflection, some of the darker 'smudgy' areas literally disappear - they weren't stains, just 'dead' felt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe