Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

Jabos

A-List Customer
I'm so excited to learn Art is getting Oxblood!!!! One question, does Art have ribbon to match the color (not that I'm thinking of a public enemies hat or anything;) ). What other ribbon colors would work with Oxblood? I guess black, but I've only thought of matching ribbon on one.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Jabos said:
I'm so excited to learn Art is getting Oxblood!!!! One question, does Art have ribbon to match the color (not that I'm thinking of a public enemies hat or anything;) ). What other ribbon colors would work with Oxblood? I guess black, but I've only thought of matching ribbon on one.

Arts oxblood is a competely different color from the Dillinger hat. The ribbon colors on Depps hat matches up with Arts hat body but the hats themselves are two completely different colors. Surprised me

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Hmm... That's a good excuse for me to justify me getting both!

Art, you say you have special rights to colors from Winchester. Would it be out of line to suggest a longhaired VS? Possibly to ease our pain over losing the dying Artlite series?

Lloyd

A-List Customer
Art has told me he has the capability to do long haired felts. I'm debating whether my next Art hat will be a silk finish or not.
decisions decisions.........lol

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
Lloyd said:
Art has told me he has the capability to do long haired felts. I'm debating whether my next Art hat will be a silk finish or not.
decisions decisions.........lol
dooo it!!;) Nothing beats a long hair hat..nothing..
Is the leap from fedoras to hard shell bowlers and top hats a great one??A custom top hat would be quite fine...quite fine indeed..

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Put in my deposit with Art today just to begin the process. My mind is already reeling with the possibilities. I have 4 different hat's rolling around up there already. Wonder which will manifest itself first. (Probably only two of them in the next 6 months!)

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Musashi said:
Put in my deposit with Art today just to begin the process. My mind is already reeling with the possibilities. I have 4 different hat's rolling around up there already. Wonder which will manifest itself first. (Probably only two of them in the next 6 months!)

Only four? Wait until you PLACE the order, that's when it really gets crazy. Bound, raw, Lite, Mojave, Sand. It doesn't get any funner than ordering from Art.
Tom D.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Jabos said:
Did I miss something? No more lightweight felts from Art?:eusa_doh:

Yes, he told us that at Monteagle. I believe he has some left so you should call him if you want one.

B

boushi_mania

One of the Regulars
buler said:
Yes, he told us that at Monteagle. I believe he has some left so you should call him if you want one.
Augh! I've been stalling on mine, since wedding preparations have eaten into my bottom line. And just when I'd started to think that a lightweight felt would be ideal for the Japanese spring and autumn.... :(

Guess I'll just have to get a light color, instead. [huh]

buler

I'll Lock Up
boushi_mania said:
Augh! I've been stalling on mine, since wedding preparations have eaten into my bottom line. And just when I'd started to think that a lightweight felt would be ideal for the Japanese spring and autumn.... :(

Guess I'll just have to get a light color, instead. [huh]

Don't give up yet. Find out how many he has left first...

B

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Jabos said:
Did I miss something? No more lightweight felts from Art?:eusa_doh:

Ssshhhhhhh! Don`t say that before I get my order in:mad: . What`s Art`s number again;)

Ah...just slipped a Silver Mist light order in...:p

Aparently the supplier has a hard time keeping the quality of these lights, and the reject rates are high, so they may be forced to stop supplying...

I`m sure Art has forcasted all this and has a pile for the loyal loungers though...:D

Guess its first come first served though...

kaosharper1

One Too Many
fluteplayer07 said:
Hmm... That's a good excuse for me to justify me getting both!

Art, you say you have special rights to colors from Winchester. Would it be out of line to suggest a longhaired VS? Possibly to ease our pain over losing the dying Artlite series?

Bummer about the lightweights. I have three and they're great for the SoCal spring and fall.

Jabos

A-List Customer
daizawaguy said:
Ssshhhhhhh! Don`t say that before I get my order in:mad: . What`s Art`s number again;)

Ah...just slipped a Silver Mist light order in...:p

Aparently the supplier has a hard time keeping the quality of these lights, and the reject rates are high, so they may be forced to stop supplying...

I`m sure Art has forcasted all this and has a pile for the loyal loungers though...:D

Guess its first come first served though...

Nothing like a little pressure to get us all off our arses! I just got in my lightweight order as well.lol Art wondered why his phone is ringing off the hook for lightweights. I just moved one of about fifty in my head I want from Art to the front of the line. Wearing my lightweight natural Dusty Pink today. That lightweight felt is nice!

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Jabos said:
Nothing like a little pressure to get us all off our arses! I just got in my lightweight order as well.lol I just moved one of about fifty in my head I want from Art to the front of the line. Wearing my lighweight natural Dusty Pink today. That lightweight felt is nice!

Looks like we are keeping Art plenty busy.:D If you don't mind, what color are you going with?

Jabos

A-List Customer
I'm going with a Bogart "Sam Spade" copy, so granite with an overwelt. I think I got the last lightweight granite on hand, but I don't want to speak for Art in case he can get another.

Spade4.jpg

spade5et5.jpg

I'm going to be brave and let Art spice up the bow.

What color are you thinking of H-bar?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Jabos said:
I'm going with a Bogart "Sam Spade" copy, so granite with an overwelt. I think I got the last lightweight granite on hand, but I don't want to speak for Art in case he can get another.

Spade4.jpg

spade5et5.jpg

I'm going to be brave and let Art spice up the bow.

What color are you thinking of H-bar?

That will be sharp. I'm getting a oxblood and I think I'm just gonna let this one be a complete surprise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe