Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Deco Bedroom

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
This is what I've been sleeping on for about a year (and who I've been sleeping with). Bought with a matching triple armoire and night table for an obscenely low price on Ebay.

P.S. I couldn't quite figure out how to get the photo to copy and managed by luck only to post the link! Sorry!

P1000101.jpg

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Aah, a fellow pampered sighthound owner! Italian greyhounds are so cute, I'd love to be owned by one one day...

The little guy on the bed, Ludo, is actually a lurcher, albeit a very greyhound-y one. I only know this, because unlike my 2 ex-racers, this guy bounces off the walls. He's the Eveready doggy.

The wallpaper is Cole & Son, Vintage Glamour collection.

Mojito

One Too Many
Thanks for all those kind comments - Cookie, sadly I'm not moving into the new apartment until tomorrow, and the bed is scheduled to arrive on Monday...until then, it is being gawked at in the window behind that grill.

But the good news is, I have found a pair of chrome Diana lamps to make it feel more at home in its new location.

Bunny and Binkie, I adore both the beds and their very Deco occupants! We were talking about how great it would be if the Trust introduced a "Deco Dogs" event to the Napier Art Deco festival next year (somewhere or other there are photos of me posing with someone's gorgeous grey hound at Gatsby day).

The carving is amazing on that bed, Bunny.

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
So who else has Art Deco to wake up to in the morning?

I do. And I think it's great you found what you were looking for! I think that's part of the fun - the 'hunt'. There's been times when I'd just be looking around and then I'd find 'it' - that object that I would immediately fall in love with. That bizarre chemistry that would 'connect' me to that object and no others even if they be from the same era. And it's not just with the furniture - it's with other things like dishes and vases.

I was over at my aunt-uncle's place not too long ago, and I spied a new vase they bought which was blown glass (blue fading to clear) and very Art Nouveau in style...I was jealous...LoL. I complimented them on it and it was my uncle's pick from a local antique shop. The vase was actually new...but I was in love with its style.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
BinkieBaumont said:
"Greyhounds, & Borzois were fashionable Accessories in the 20's and 30's"

4751145929_2eaae76449_m.jpg

I love to surround myself with all things greyhound as well: statues, bookends, pictures and above all the real thing!

4754700768_c5ec16bc8b_m.jpg

4754716526_ac8b342a3f_m.jpg

What adorable snuggle bunnies! Fur blankets do suit these dogs, don't they? It becomes their regal bearing (regal except when they're cockroaching!). Do Italian greyhounds cockroach, too?

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Mojito said:
Bunny and Binkie, I adore both the beds and their very Deco occupants! We were talking about how great it would be if the Trust introduced a "Deco Dogs" event to the Napier Art Deco festival next year (somewhere or other there are photos of me posing with someone's gorgeous grey hound at Gatsby day).

The carving is amazing on that bed, Bunny.

Thanks, Mojito! One day I'll try and get some snaps of the matching armoire, especially the inside of the door which has some wicked wicked parquetry.

Your "Deco Dogs" event actually sounds like a great idea for a fundraiser for a Greyhound shelter. 20's-30's dress, bring some "bathtub" gin and your dogs, have a Charleston lesson...:)

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
BinkieBaumont said:
"Hunni the the Red Sable colour, used to catch birds when she was a puppy, she is actually Modi's daughter":eek:fftopic:

Mine have a super-high prey drive, too, unfortunately: birds, cats, squirrels, foxes and that's just the local fauna. Your two are just so gorgeous together!

Studley the Greyhound?!

Mojito

One Too Many
Loving all the photos! And it would make a great idea for a fundraiser, Bunny - her greyhound is a rescue dog, so I think we even discussed how appropriate it would be to raise funds for them. Here'd the dog (who was too laid back to look appropriately Deco-haughty):

454.jpg

There's a lovely statue in Napier's main street that celebrates Deco:

219.jpg

One of the Deco figural lamps I've been looking at incorporates a Borzoi. I've always been rather fond of them - the Captain of the Titanic, Edward Smith, had a Borzoi:

Cpt_E_J_Smith__and__Borzoi_Ben.jpg

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Your pics are wonderful, Mojito. Those outfits are stunning, as is that hound! (Mine never ever look haughty - soppy, yes, dribbly, definitely!)

I have a few items borzoi as well. I hope, by the way, that Captain Smith's wasn't aboard when...

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Coincidentally, I watched The Great Ziegfeld again yesterday - toward the end of the film there's a great production number with an amazing ballerina and some even more amazingly well-trained borzois. Tens of dancers spinning and cavorting about them and they're all such professionals (although you can just see one yawning mid-number). Wish I could find a clip to post...

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Lovely bedroom set, tuppence....But your children are freaking me out........:eek:

:p

Mojito

One Too Many
It's lovely, Tuppence! And the bed's occupants are charming, too - German or French?

I'll have to plonk my new Boudoir Doll (an Anita Smoker) on the bed for a photo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld