Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Armoured shirts/pants

Damo

A-List Customer
Hello All,

wondering what the riders wear under your un-armoured leather jackets/pants for protection?

I would like for it to be low profile. I've stumbled upon the Knox Venture shirt, that looks like a good option. I haven't really seen anything for armoured pants to wear under some leather pants. I've checked out revzilla's website and didn't really see anything I would like. Does knox have any armoured pants?

Does anyone have any experience with Bohn's??

Also I'm pretty sure I have read posts in the past on this but I can't locate the previous thread.

Thanks in advance

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I recently picked up this

alpinestars_bionic_pro_jacket_black_red_detail.jpg
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/alpinestars-bionic-pro-jacket-2013

It definitely does a better job at keeping the armour firmly where its supposed to be unlike some jackets with armour pockets where the protection can move around a bit, especially elbows. I was after the next set up in the range but they didn't have it in my size here and this was on sale so.... Still pretty happy with it.

I usually wear it now with my Roland Sands Ronin jacket where I have now removed the armour from the pockets and this feels MUCH better and protective. While they are fairly slim line, they do add enough bulk that you would probably need to size up if you wear your jackets with a slim fit, or in my case bought it big enough in the first place for the added built in armour.

I haven't gone down the armoured under shorts path. They only really offer protection for the hips etc and my Klim Fifty 1 jeans have that built in and as they fit well, that armour doesn't move around plus they have the knee protection as well.

pawineguy

One Too Many
I have shirts by Bohn and Knox, and as PN noted, they feel so much more secure than armored jackets that I've worn. The armor doesn't move around and if I am making a long stop I just pull it off and put it in a side case on the bike.

Bohn has armored pants also, I actually like their shirt better than Knox, but they are both high quality products. (Bohn also has a package deal to save with the shirt and pants together)

https://www.bohnarmor.com/catalog/proddetail.php?prod=BGLA

Damo

A-List Customer
Guys thanks for the info. I think I'm going to be getting a bohn shirt and adventure pants combo. It's funny as I age I am becoming more conscious about safety. Started out with a fabric armoured jacket then to leather jacket and now I'll be wearing leg and shirt armour with leather over top. Thanks again it's always appreciated

Peacoat

Bartender
Guys thanks for the info. I think I'm going to be getting a bohn shirt and adventure pants combo. It's funny as I age I am becoming more conscious about safety. Started out with a fabric armoured jacket then to leather jacket and now I'll be wearing leg and shirt armour with leather over top. Thanks again it's always appreciated
I feel the same way. The older I get, the more conservative I am about riding. Haven't gone to the extent you have, however. But I am most aware that I left 8 of my lives behind in a land far away and a time long ago.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Me: I wear a Knox Venture shirt with upgraded back protection (full cover), chest protector, shorts (hip & thigh armor), knee protectors & Draggin K Kevlar pants n sweat underneath it all. Thick denim & leather over the top :)

Life is a risky business

Damo

A-List Customer
Just bought the cool air mesh adventure pants and the airtek armoured shirt.

I hope it's not too sweaty wearing these under leather and they don't look too bulky under my jacket. Safe riding everyone!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld