Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any new Christmas gifts?

mrc

Familiar Face
My wife surprised me with this beautiful, completely custom, cafe' racer for Christmas! I couldn't be more happy. This is the type of cafe' racer that I've always dreamed of having and, after showing my wife an amalgamation of about four cafe' racers in the Rin Tanaka books, she designed this for me. I'm the luckiest husband in the world!

customcaferacer.jpg

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Congratulations Mrc, that's a nice jacket! On another note, the Isle of Man's flag reminded me of Sicily's at a first glance; the three-legged triskelion symbol. All of the patches on the jacket have great detail.

mrc

Familiar Face
Mrc, very nice. Did Insurrection do it?

Thanks H&D! Yes, the jacket is Insurrection's house brand, a Pacific Cycle Leathers jacket, that is patterned after a late-'60s Brimaco cafe' racer. The zippers are YKK (with a double-ended main zipper, just like the vintage Brimaco jackets!). Carrie, bless her heart, did the stripes on the sleeves as well as the patches, and now I have the jacket that I've always wanted. The cowhide on these jackets is amazing. It's at least 3.0 oz., but softer and more supple that Vanson's competition weight cowhide. I've tried on both this style jacket and the longer Vanson Comet jackets that Insurrection carries, and I was surprised that I like Insurrection's jackets even more than Vanson's jackets. The fit is just better on me.

Last edited:

CeeDee

New in Town
My wife surprised me with this beautiful, completely custom, cafe' racer for Christmas! I couldn't be more happy. This is the type of cafe' racer that I've always dreamed of having and, after showing my wife an amalgamation of about four cafe' racers in the Rin Tanaka books, she designed this for me. I'm the luckiest husband in the world!

customcaferacer.jpg

Very nice cafe' racer! You are a lucky guy to have a wife who will get you a jacket like that for Christmas.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The jacket appears to be one size too large. It seems to droop off the shoulders. The sleeves are a little long as is the body of the jacket.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Well, I am a bit underweight (and I do have small shoulders), and I'm currently trying to work out (bulk up about five or ten pounds). Also, taking into consideration that leather shrinks a bit in rain, would it be a bad idea to keep the jacket? This is something I plan on wearing for decades if it lasts, I suppose I can "grow into it."

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I agree with ButteMT61. It's a Wested - from personal experience, it is unlikely to last for decades, so it's even more important you get one that fits. Easier to change a jacket than rebuild your body. Maybe find a short jacket you like and measure it so you can give Peter better sizing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe