Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Cigar Afficionados Out There?

Barbigirl

Practically Family
I love'em

I had a really great macanudo last night that was provided by the Pacific Northwest Ballet for a fundraising event I went to last night.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
:rolleyes:
Barbigirl said:
I had a really great macanudo last night that was provided by the Pacific Northwest Ballet for a fundraising event I went to last night.
What kind of mac? i like the gold label lord nelson and the vintage. Don't have them much, wife says they have no taste compared to other brands :rolleyes: I still like them mostly with good coffee:D

RedPop4

One Too Many
Ecuador Jim, there are tobacconists, then there are people who have a job that happens to be in a cigar shop. One really needs to be careful and read up on a few cigar sites and bulletin boards, enough to get a feel for what other smokers are saying.

That way, you'll be able to tell if you've found yourself a true tobacconist, or not, by asking questions and listening to the answers you get.

KL15

One of the Regulars
I love Montecristo White Label's. They're heaven in a roll. Also like Romeo Y Juleita 1875 Churchills, H. Upman Petit Coronas, and La Flor Dominacana Double Ligero Chisel. All of the above are great by themselves, but with a nice glass of signgle malt scotch, there's simply nothing better on earth.

RedPop4

One Too Many
This thread hasn't been topped in a bit, so I'll give it one last shot until the next one comes along. I've had a "fruitful" couple of weekends enjoying a couple Serie 601 : made by Erik Espinoza of United Tobacco and manufactured by Don Pepin Garcia who is THE hot fabrica in domestically available cigars right now.

This weekend also included a Padilla Habano from Padilla another really hot boutique fabrica. This one I got like two years ago, so it'd been sitting and had smoothed out a little bit, and was really enjoyable with a touch of strength.

Watching the UFC on Saturday night I changed pace a bit. Instead of cigars, I had a bowl of McClelland Anniversary which is really wonderful, and almost cigar-like in its strength, just what I look for. It's got just a touch of Latakia which sets off the blend nicely

After that it was a bowl of Haddo's Delight from G. L. Pease, which all my pipe-smoking friends rave about. It was better then, than it was a few months ago when I first tried it. I "get it" now.

Barbigirl

Practically Family
By Special Request

IMG_3574.jpg

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
A picture that speaks a thousand words...

I totally adore this photo of you Barbi. But maybe looking beyond this beautiful photo is hopefully the message that cigars do not have to be about just men and this image of darkened club rooms of power and leathery Chesterfield suites with neatly ironed copies of The Daily Telegraph or The Washington Post where the nations' deals or done over a glass or malt or Port.
Women and fine cigars are a marriage made in heaven.
To me this is a photograph of a beautiful, independent and empowered lady and the association of the cigar just 'enhances' that.

So...any other ladies out there with a fine cigar photo opportunity, please post, as it just compliments this thread so well and shows that the cigar community knows no boundaries of sex, gender, culture..etc, nor should it.

RedPop4

One Too Many
WOW!!!!! That's stunning.

Diamondback, stay AWAY from Thompson's. They're well overpriced, customer service, by most accounts, is quite sketchy. Their catalogs are full of no-name garbage. Amongst those who post on the various cigar forums, this opinion is quite commonly held.

Holts.com
famous-smoke.com
Seriouscigars.com
cigarinternational.com
JRCigars.com
lilbrown.com
firehousetobacco.com
payless-cigars.com

Are internet vendors that have the best reputations for service and price.

Luxlover

New in Town
You have got to try Tampa Humidor.com

IndianaGuybrush said:
CAO is a great cigar company, and my favorite from them is thir Bellicoso Aniversario 98. An amazing cigar, and a few years ago Cigar Afficianado magazine ranked it higher than almost all of the high-end Cubans it tested. A really great smoke with a light start and a strong smooth, almost cherry-like finish.

It has really very nice and inexpensive real Humidors and cigars.
I usually get my cigars from Holts.

Luxlover

RedPop4

One Too Many
cA is a nice start, but they only smoke one inch of any cigar they review. If you're reviewing a seven inch Churchill or double corona, one inch really doesn't give you an accurate reading on that cigar. They've also cut way back on their cigar content "in response to the changing market" after the mid 1990's "cigar boom" ended. Much emphasis is now placed on the word Aficionado, and not on cigar. Thus our abbreviation cA. It's no longer as representative of "average" cigar smokers.

They also use wine-tasting terms, "hints of this, notes of that on the finish." I don't usually get all that from a cigar, and many others don't either. Many pretend they do, but don't. Take cA's ratings with a grain of salt, at least I do, and most folks I smoke with and discuss with do as well.

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Well, due to some recent associations with those of low character, but high ideals, I have taken to smoking the occassional stogie. For this evening I have chosen a Fuente Short Story to partake in. I do enjoy the Fuente.

KL15

One of the Regulars
Yeah RedPop thanks for the advice. I've been using cigars-now lately but I'll look into your suggestions. It's about time to restock the humidor.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe