Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another visit to Art's place

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I made the trip down to Art's country hideway yesterday. You know you are out in the wild country when you see signs with pictures of cows that say "Open Range". I spent the day enjoying the quiet solitude of his 175 acres and watching him work on hats. I took numerous pics, too many to post, but I'll show a few to show how Art transforms what looks like a hobo hat into a beautiful fedora. Below is what all hats start as

IMG_20070905_0001_8.jpg

And then after a good days work it ends up like this.

IMG_20070905_0001_11.jpg

fedoralover

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
metropd said:
Could you post some more picture of some hats? What colors could they be BE:D :D

You mean like this? I believe Art now offers hats in 2 different weights and I think he said over 20 colors. Correct me Art if that's incorrect.

IMG_20060616_0001_1.jpg

fedoralover

metropd

One Too Many
Well fedoralover from what I hear Art was working on another hat that day if I remember correctley it was mid-dark grey.........Could you post that?:D

EricH

One of the Regulars
I always hate it when pictures get posted of Art's display case. There is always some hat in some color I have to get. I'm envious that you are able to make the visit. It is on my wish list (though maybe not on Art's). Please post more photos or give us a link.

Eric
Hmm that light blue with fuschia ribbon...

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
metropd said:
Well fedoralover from what I hear Art was working on another hat that day if I remember correctley it was mid-dark grey.........Could you post that?:D

This may be it, I got to watch Art work on it for several hours.

IMG_20070905_0001_3-1.jpg

IMG_20070905_0001_7.jpg

sewing in the sweatband
IMG_20070905_0001_13.jpg

fedoralover

funneman

Practically Family
LEUII said:
I wish I wasn't on the opposite end of the county. I'd love to just sit and watch him for a while.

Here's an idea. Why don't we all chip in and buy Art a streaming web cam.
Then we could all just sit and watch Art all day! :eusa_clap

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fedoralover said:
sewing in the sweatband
IMG_20070905_0001_13.jpg

fedoralover

If I had seen this photo months ago I would not have experienced the immense frustration I did when I was attempting to put a sweatband in a hat mod for a friend. So THAT"S how you do it! Ignorance, literally, hurts.;)

dean

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
funneman said:

I'm in!

It'll be just like the National Geographic cam at the African watering hole. lol

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
funneman said:

Might want to ask Art what he thinks about that...but then again, that type of decision shouldn't be left up to him anyway! lol :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe