Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another round of my hats on eBay - a few suits and clothes too!

havershaw

Practically Family
Yes, it's my bi-yearly "couple of days off" closet-cleaning sale.

This time, on top of my usual array of vintage hats, I have decided to part with four or five of my 30s and 40s suits as well as my three 30s and 40s leather jackets and quite a few 50s - 60s shirts. (The leather jackets are particularly painful to sell, but there are sizing issues for me and I've decided to bite the bullet and spend big bucks on 'the perfect vintage leather jacket' when that eventually turns up).

Some are not my size, so there are a few items that are larger than a 38. (there's a virtually deadstock 40s grey gabardine overcoat that's simply massive - way way too big for me. I kept meaning to have it altered and my wife finally told me that it was way too big to ever be altered to my actual size.)

If you're looking to get some vintage clothing that's not in perfect condition (I'm a big fan of accepting a few flaws so I don't have to spend a mint) for a very reasonable price, then you'll do well to check out my auctions:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZhavershaw

GWD

One Too Many
Great Hat's I've got my eye one the 7 1/8! That Gaberdine Overcoat? Do you think it would fit a 46 long?

Let me know.

Thanks and good luck!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It sure would save me a lot of time if you put size
in the title of the auction...

Nice stuff, but all 'way too small for me.

Spellflower

Practically Family
I second that, feltfan! To anyone selling a hat: please don't torture me with a picture of a beautiful lid and then tell me it's 4 sizes to small! When buying a vintage hat, the size is more important than the color, condition, era, and even brand! All those other things are taste, but if it doesn't fit, they're irrelevant.

Nice stuff, though Havershaw- I wish it would fit me!

havershaw

Practically Family
Sorry, Tim! I didn't see this until this morning. That Marathon is history.

There were a whole bunch of things that didn't sell and are being relisted. Two are really nice lids, and there's a suit that's really great up there as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe