Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another New Person...

fatwoul

Practically Family
Thanks, guys.

Yes. The hats, mostly. I've also joined Club Obi-Wan, because I particularly like those fedora styles: pre-war, big brim, big ribbon, no-taper. :D

I've currently only got one hat, which used to be a fairly average New Zealand cattle hat, but after I cut the brim, reshaped it and put a new ribbon on it, it's my first fed.

I'm also waiting for my first "proper" fed (a Federation Dlx) to arrive from HatsDirect. They're out of stock of 58s right now, but hopefully I won't have to wait months for Akubra to make more!

fatwoul

Practically Family
deanglen said:
Welcome! Like you hats do you? Good that is. Hoping you find much happiness here.

dean

Jack Vettriano huh? I like his stuff too. Do you believe the rumours about his work being ripped-off from art student text books?

What about Hopper? Like him? His stuff always reminds me of university. We used to have a ragged old print of "Nighthawks" above the fireplace.

fatwoul

Practically Family
Wow I can't reply to you guys quick enough! Hello everyone else who has greeted me since I last posted 30 seconds ago!

Dixon Cannon said:
Show us your lid!

Will do. I posted some picture on COW, but they sucked, so I need to do some more. I've rebashed since those pics anyway.

Watch this space.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
fatwoul said:
Jack Vettriano huh? I like his stuff too. Do you believe the rumours about his work being ripped-off from art student text books?

What about Hopper? Like him? His stuff always reminds me of university. We used to have a ragged old print of "Nighthawks" above the fireplace.

I think you got me mixed with Thunderw21's avatar, mine's one of the boys of '98 wearing headgear that's dear to me, as many know, to their consternation. Jack's great! Wife loves his stuff, except the nudes, bit touchy about that.

dean

fatwoul

Practically Family
deanglen said:
I think you got me mixed with Thunderw21's avatar, mine's one of the boys of '98 wearing headgear that's dear to me, as many know, to their consternation. Jack's great! Wife loves his stuff, except the nudes, bit touchy about that.

dean

Yes, my mistake.:eek:

Know what it is? I think it's cos the "quote" buttons are in a funny placed compared to what I'm used to. So, expect lots of quotes from me of the wrong people, until I get used to that!

fatwoul

Practically Family
Thanks to everyone else who has welcomed me since I was last here. :)

funneman said:
Welcome!

New guy also buys the first round.

c|_| c|_| c|_| c|_| c|_| c|_| c|_| c|_| c|_| c|_|

I hope that's enough. I can't count all the replies. :D

DanielJones said:
Welcome to the Lounge. Grab a drink sit back and enjoy the conversation...

I know you! You're from COW too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe