Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another New Highwayman – incorporating many of your suggestions

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Terrific jacket!

OneStar,

Aero and you did a very fine job. I specially like the shoulder swing back. nice to see this, because I have ordered a LHB with this back. can not wait to get it.

enjoy your wonderful jacket in good health.

Take care

Olli

Navin323i

Practically Family
Seb Lucas said:
I know all that N - I mean why bi-swing for a Highwayman, given the elegant design of the standard version.

Sorry... based on your earlier post I wasn't clear on what you already or don't already know, Seb.

Bi-swing is a great option for allowing for added motion and comfort, especially when wearing the jacket and having to stretch your arms out for like driving a car or something.

Also, if you look at pictures of jackets with the bi-swing (search on one of my older threads where I asked for pics of jackets with bi-swing)... you'll find that the shoulder bi-swing really isn't all that noticeable, therefore the "elegant design" of the Highwayman won't be compromised simply because someone chose to add a simple bi-swing option.

OneStar

New in Town
Seb Lucas said:
I know all that N - I mean why bi-swing for a Highwayman, given the elegant design of the standard version.

I guess it's just a matter of personal taste. I'm not a fan of the yoke on the back of the standard Highwayman. I much prefer a clean "one-piece" look on the back of the jacket - much like the uncluttered pocket-free look I went for on the front of the jacket. In my opinion, the way the bi-swing is executed by Aero is quite unobtrusive and achieves a much cleaner looking back than with the yoke. But that's just my opinion...

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
OneStar said:
I guess it's just a matter of personal taste. I'm not a fan of the yoke on the back of the standard Highwayman. I much prefer a clean "one-piece" look on the back of the jacket - much like the uncluttered pocket-free look I went for on the front of the jacket. In my opinion, the way the bi-swing is executed by Aero is quite unobtrusive and achieves a much cleaner looking back than with the yoke. But that's just my opinion...

I'm not saying I don't like a bi-swing. In fact 6 out of my 14 leather jackets have this feature. In fact, my favourite is a half belt with bi swing and I have a couple of these. I guess all I'm saying is the Highwayman is a design classic as is (and by no means my favourite looking jacket - which is the Aero shorter version half-belt) and it's a gutsy thing to change it around so much. As I state in my first post I like the jacket. It's just interesting to learn why people make the chocies they do. :D

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Excellent looking jacket! I love the options you chose. The bi-swing was a great idea and I should have went with the 2" of leather across the inside bottom (the lining in my LHB droops below the bottom of my jacket!).

Wear it well and enjoy the break in.

Tommer

Hepville

One of the Regulars
I´m one of those 44/ 46 wearers, too... great Jacket... it´s perfectly buildet around your torso!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe