Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another 40's Vintage Suit Acquisition

Technonut

Practically Family
This one is in a rich chocolate brown wool. The condition is excellent, but the suit does need slight alterations for a better fit.. (the jacket waist and seat of the trousers / inseam)... ;)

The hat is my vintage Royal Scot... The tie, vintage 40's.... :)

nessvint009-1.jpg

nessvint006.jpg

nessvint008.jpg

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Well, haven't you been lucky lately? I haven't seen many brown suits from that era either. Sharp outfit--that tie looks like it was sold with the suit--perfect!

Rooster

Practically Family
Wow! Somebody is on a vintage suit roll around here!lol Another great suit, congratulations!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
What! No artillery?
Better go in and get your blunderbus...the Boss don't want nobody nosin' round the hideout.

Sharp looking browns, BTW! It takes a confident type to carry off a brown suit that doesn't have brass buttons and epaulets.

Technonut

Practically Family
imoldfashioned said:
Well, haven't you been lucky lately? I haven't seen many brown suits from that era either. Sharp outfit--that tie looks like it was sold with the suit--perfect!

Thank you! A compliment from a lady is always special... :) Yes, it went from finding nothing decent in my size, to having my choice of some nice suits.. ;)

Rooster, Feraud.. Thanks gentlemen! :)

Fletch: Here ya go... gotta hold em' off till the boys come out wit da choppers... :D lol

nessvint012.jpg

nessvint011.jpg

Technonut

Practically Family
Feng_Li said:
:eusa_doh: Rule three! Rule three!

That aside, what a great suit!

Thanks for the compliment on the suit. :) What the hell is "rule three?? " :confused:

EDIT: If you mean my fingers on the triggers.... I personally checked the chambers, and inserted an empty magazine into the BHP before the pics.... ;) I just wish that folks driving by would get used to my pic poses without ducking behind their steering wheels, and running off of the road... :eek:

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Techno, you look dangerous enough without the guns in these killer diller suits you've been posting! And with the hats, ties and shoes, you look like da boss, forget the henchman.

I really like the rich chocolate colour of this latest find. You don't see that colour in modern suits.

Technonut

Practically Family
Benny Holiday said:
Techno, you look dangerous enough without the guns in these killer diller suits you've been posting! And with the hats, ties and shoes, you look like da boss, forget the henchman.

I really like the rich chocolate colour of this latest find. You don't see that colour in modern suits.

Thanks for the compliment Benny... :)

Brooksie said:
VERY nice suits Techno! I can't resist a man in a vintage suit and fedora ;)

Wow.. Another compliment from a VERY attractive lady... :eek: Thank you so much Brooksie.. :D

Technonut

Practically Family
PADDY said:
You are on a Las Vegas, roulette winning roll my friend here!!! well done!!

Thank you PADDY.. :)

Gaige said:
These look phenomenal.... are they all off of the 'bay??

Thanks! :) Actually, this one came from an online vintage clothing site that I discovered.... ;) Shhhhhh.... mum's the word.. :whistling I have another deadstock DB 40's suit from the same place that still has the original store tags attached... :eek: I will post that one as soon as it is back from my tailor.... :D

Feng_Li

A-List Customer
Technonut said:
Thanks for the compliment on the suit. :) What the hell is "rule three?? " :confused:

If you mean my fingers on the triggers.... I personally checked the chambers, and inserted an empty magazine into the BHP before the pics.... ;) I just wish that folks driving by would get used to my pic poses without ducking behind their steering wheels, and running off of the road... :eek:

Rule three is the third of the Four Rules of firearm handling.

I am glad to hear that you performed a chamber check on both firearms before taking the pictures, but a person seeing only the photo has no way to know that. I am a firm believer in modeling safe gun handling, and I encourage others to do likewise. There are far too many examples of people modeling irresponsible behavior on the internet and elsewhere.

Apologies to everyone for the :eek:fftopic: - I don't mean to hijack the thread. We now return to suit admiration...:)

ramblinBOB

One of the Regulars
Feng_Li said:
Rule three is the third of the Four Rules of firearm handling.

I am glad to hear that you performed a chamber check on both firearms before taking the pictures, but a person seeing only the photo has no way to know that. I am a firm believer in modeling safe gun handling, and I encourage others to do likewise. There are far too many examples of people modeling irresponsible behavior on the internet and elsewhere.

Apologies to everyone for the :eek:fftopic: - I don't mean to hijack the thread. We now return to suit admiration...:)
im not gunnnnnnnnnnnnnss ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol just kiding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe