Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Am I the only hat wearing girl in the Northwest?

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
reviving the thread

With all the new ladies in the lounge, made me curious about how many wear hats often or scared to venture out in public?
I confess I do need to wear my hats out more than I have been, but I love them and not at all uncomfortable now going out with one. I think the biggest confidence booster was the fact that most people really like the look and I have gotten quite a few comments while wearing mine from ladies saying how much they love seeing someone, especially younger wearing one, but have had quite a few expressing the wish that it would come back in style.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Try this place.

MG: Give this place a try for some ladies hats. They may not be vintage but they might be a good start. I was thinking of getting this one for my girlfriend. Now some of the hats are nice and other are a gag, but that's up to personal preference.
You could go with or without the feathers.
camelfurfedora.jpg

http://www.hat-a-tude.com/item88282.ctlg

Just a thought in case you were interested.

Cheers!

Dan

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
I imagine that the many people who worry about wearing 'today's' clothing and blending in are somewhat taken aback by someone breaking ranks and doing their own thing. Usually you'll get quiet admiration, sometimes a snide comment.

Heads up, though. Those wearing 'today's' clothing get snide comments from some people as well. I bet there's some conversations that you don't hear that involve your hat, the look you achieve with it, where that kind of hat can be purchased and whether or not the observer would look good in a similar hat.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
i don't know if i posted this or not, but whne I was down in silver springs, FL, earlier this summer, I saw a very pretty young lady in a large wide brim hat, with flowers....20 something...with her husband...and she carried herself in a very elegant way...unfortunaltey i was heading in the other direction and never saw her again, to compliment her...

while i was in the south in the tourists traps, i saw quite a few people wearing hats out in the sun....male and female....

i have wore my hats all summer and have never received any sunburn this year!!!!

mark tssb

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
DanielJones said:
MG: Give this place a try for some ladies hats. They may not be vintage but they might be a good start. I was thinking of getting this one for my girlfriend. Now some of the hats are nice and other are a gag, but that's up to personal preference.
You could go with or without the feathers.
camelfurfedora.jpg

http://www.hat-a-tude.com/item88282.ctlg

Just a thought in case you were interested.

Cheers!

Dan
Dan, love the hat! Actually, I need a had in that color..but the feathers, I'm going to have to get a bit more daring before I go out with feathers on my hat (yes, I am a chicken :rolleyes: )

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
shoeshineboy said:
i don't know if i posted this or not, but whne I was down in silver springs, FL, earlier this summer, I saw a very pretty young lady in a large wide brim hat, with flowers....20 something...with her husband...and she carried herself in a very elegant way...unfortunaltey i was heading in the other direction and never saw her again, to compliment her...

mark tssb
You know, even a smile that says, 'wow, you look great!' is a big compliment for a lady.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
DanielJones said:
I'm guessing that the feather can be yanked. They are a bit garish afterall for some folks, while others pull it off quite nicely.

Cheers!

Dan
yes, it does look like it could be yanked. I agree, there are people who can wear just about anything and pull it off with remarkable ease, then you have people like me who stays away from anything too flashy :eek: :D

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
mysterygal said:
yes, it does look like it could be yanked. I agree, there are people who can wear just about anything and pull it off with remarkable ease, then you have people like me who stays away from anything too flashy :eek: :D

mysterygal when you walk into the room ...cameras start flashing....:eek:

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Flashy isn't always a bad thing. It show you have more style and taste in your little finger than they do collectively. Never be embarrassed about who you are. Enjoy it.

Cheers!

Dan

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
DanielJones said:
Flashy isn't always a bad thing. It show you have more style and taste in your little finger than they do collectively. Never be embarrassed about who you are. Enjoy it.

Cheers!

Dan
Flashy definetely is not a bad thing, but I think it goes along with a person's personality...my taste is a little more subtle..even though my humor may not be :eusa_doh:

magneto

Practically Family
Hats alert! Hats alert!

Dear women of the SF Bay Area, the "Seconds to Go" resale shop in snooty Pacific Heights must have just had some well-hatted dowager die on them. I stopped in 5 minutes before closing time today and there were many 40s/50s hats from long-departed SF stores such as The White House, I. Magnin, etc, in good shape and ~$35 range. I had to be forcibly restrained from bowing before a fabulous black velvet pancake with sculpural green velvet trim. My budget is tight, so someone else will have to stock up for me (sniff).

magneto said:
Dear women of the SF Bay Area, the "Seconds to Go" resale shop in snooty Pacific Heights must have just had some well-hatted dowager die on them. I stopped in 5 minutes before closing time today and there were many 40s/50s hats from long-departed SF stores such as The White House, I. Magnin, etc, in good shape and ~$35 range. I had to be forcibly restrained from bowing before a fabulous black velvet pancake with sculpural green velvet trim. My budget is tight, so someone else will have to stock up for me (sniff).

Men's hats or just women's. I know you said dowager but I have a man's Borsalino from The White House. Just have to be thorough. :D

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally