Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Am I the only hat wearing girl in the Northwest?

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Ok, Mark, this is for you on request...;)
I thought getting used to wearing a hat, and the reactions to it, wouldn't be that bad at all....when I first purchased my two hats (which was love at first sight) I was sooo excited that they were mine! Until...I wore them out in public:eek:
last week at church, I come strolling into service with the full vintage ensemble...got stares... I got A LOT of stared, I can't remember the last time I ever felt so uncomfortable! I did get a few compliments though.
Today, I decided to try it again...not quite in full vintage, but still looking pretty darn cute...church..reaction better, still got the stares, went to a family bbq for mother's day and got harrassed by just about every family member except my grandmother...I'm determined now though to see if this hat wearing thing catches on around here...would be kind of funny if it did.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
you have my encouragement...

MG,

There is a thread about being too embarassed to wear a Fedora. Some good comments in there....When I started wearing a hat to work, I got the jokes. When I wore my panama for the first week, I heard about Juan the cuban cigar salesman....

However, got more compliments out of the customers...and that is who pays me !!! Last week someone called me "Southern"....because of the way that I conducted myself....I believe the hat just personified that....

MG, did you make the preacher stutter ???

lol

mark tssb

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
making the preacher stutter

lol now now Mark, *shakes finger...yet again* no tarnishing my respectable reputation now!
I'll have to check that thread out. It is a comfort to know that it does get better! I'm so in love with the whole look, that it's come to be worth it...as uncomfortable as it all is!

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
mysterygal said:
here's at least the top half of a blue vintage dress along with a sidecar ;)
P1017496sm.jpg

tarnish your reputation...i would never....was this before or after services ????

mark tssb

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

with her permission here is MYSTERYGAL AND HER HAT FIRST APPEARANCE....
mysterygal2.jpg
[/IMG]

mystergal.jpg
[/IMG]

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

magneto

Practically Family
As an everyday hat-wearing girl of many years you have my sincere encouragement. This sort of thing makes me wonder if people are giving my hats odd looks all the time and I'm just not noticiing :rolleyes: An advantage of being short, I suppose, and below people's eye-levels. Let me know if you're ever in the SF Bay Area, we can go about defiantly wearing hats in public and striking a blow for good taste together. :)

adamgottschalk

A-List Customer
My friend Ariell...

...has been wearing a fedora I gave her all the time. She usually gets compliments, though I have seen a man give her a little talking to at a bar about his views on women wearing fedoras.

Here she is in a nice bowler which neither of us own but was on loan at the time. I like the bowler better than the fedora. Oh, and we're in Portland, Oregon.

bowler1.jpg

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Women in hats are awesome!

MG and all the rest, keep wearing those hats, fedoras and all. You look great.

By the way, Lauren; Great glasses!

NB the Smitten. ;)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
magneto said:
As an everyday hat-wearing girl of many years you have my sincere encouragement. This sort of thing makes me wonder if people are giving my hats odd looks all the time and I'm just not noticiing :rolleyes: An advantage of being short, I suppose, and below people's eye-levels. Let me know if you're ever in the SF Bay Area, we can go about defiantly wearing hats in public and striking a blow for good taste together. :)
I would love to!! and you could maybe show me some good hat places too?!;)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
adamgottschalk said:
...has been wearing a fedora I gave her all the time. She usually gets compliments, though I have seen a man give her a little talking to at a bar about his views on women wearing fedoras.

Here she is in a nice bowler which neither of us own but was on loan at the time. I like the bowler better than the fedora. Oh, and we're in Portland, Oregon.

cool! so we're practically neighbors! I think fedoras are cute on women...actually hats in general are great (and no, I'm not talking about the baseball caps ;) ) There's something about hats that really finish the look of what you're wearing

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
My wife is a fan of the cloche type hats worn to acompany a flapper dress, but I would have a hard time convincing her to wear it, she's kind of shy.
Hates to stand out, exactly opposite of me of course lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally