Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Trying to capture the true feel of the ribbon, on a hat body. Sometimes I just can't get a good shot, o natural. Lighting and time of day, indoor, outdoor, weather, all factors in a good true photo.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
this is very true, also, there really is no such thing as "pure black".

I see we think alike. ...black on black
56c0da470fd31d9ed9acddd7457dd34b.jpg
88b88ef7d0175bcee71412f73c468ef9.jpg

That 4th. picture isn't true, the ribbon is not blue. It is 1/2 inch vintage black...
My apologies. On my laptop monitor, it looked like a dark blue. It doesn't change my opinion of the hat though; the black ribbon looks just as good (even though it looks like dark gray with a hint of blue even in your photos Tim). Still, I think Whiskey felt with a Dark Blue ribbon is worth considering. Sadly, I have more ideas than money, so that'll have to go into the "Maybe one of these days" file. :(

Being a very amateur photographer, I know the frustration of trying to capture the true color(s) of any hat in a single photo. Even with manipulation in Photoshop I can get a close representation of the felt, but the ribbons are then completely wrong. :confused: But I take a little comfort in the knowledge that even professional photographers can have the same problem--every time I've purchased a hat online, the actual color has been a bit of a surprise.

Good morning Cindy. I was doing some work over the weekend for Daniel. I want to tell you, I did post a series on IG. I picked up over 125 followers in less than 24 hours.

It was told to me one day, from a lounge member down under, to tell a story, within the IG feed.

Look for this flanged post, to see which hatmaker, paid me a marvelous compliment; as I told the story.

It has been the most important compliment that anyone could say to me ever, along with encouragement. I am stunned. I am motivated.

To have been paid a compliment by one of the best, and longest runners out there. I'm thrilled.

Brim thickness 3/32 nds of the inch almost time to pop the clutch, on this Gran Torino.
dd4f17627d84b30c545041bf9444935d.jpg
58bf35435c9dc052b98d2e001ebd86f1.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Good morning Cindy. I was doing some work over the weekend for Daniel. I want to tell you, I did post a series on IG. I picked up over 125 followers in less than 24 hours.

It was told to me one day, from a lounge member down under, to tell a story, within the IG feed.

Look for this flanged post, to see which hatmaker, paid me a marvelous compliment; as I told the story.

It has been the most important compliment that anyone could say to me ever, along with encouragement. I am stunned. I am motivated.

To have been paid a compliment by one of the best, and longest runners out there. I'm thrilled.

Brim thickness 3/32 nds of the inch almost time to pop the clutch, on this Gran Torino.

very impressive

Just saw that. Good stuff, Tim.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.

Well now...it is looking like a hat...a super hat...hahaha Wow. You know in some ways this makes a person "pace the floors" waiting...but as I am so busy..I have to do the pace part just in thinking...Daniel is gonna LOVE this one....he is going to just go bonkers now....what hat to wear and when?!?

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bolthead, thanks very much for posting those pics. As I hope you all can see, the ribbon's black (black is black). What can't be conveyed by the pictures, though, is the feel of the hat. It's a dead-on perfect fit and just feels fantastic every time I put it on. Soft as a baby's bum, as Mom used to say. Working with Tim has been a pleasure, and the hat is exactly what I wanted. I'm getting the feeling there's a navy blue one on the horizon.

Baste stitching currently, on this 3/8 vintage ribbon, and I hope to get most of the brim bound or done, tonight. This is all hand work, no sewing machine except joining the grosgrain closed loop. I'll be busy until early evening. Looking at almost 8 hours, for me, on this precision, task.

Moving along for Daniel and Cindy. Have a great day. I have my portfolio building, and for one to see it, you don't need the INSTAGRAM app, just do a Web search, or Google #alleykathatco (exactly) to see my Art. And maybe pick up a tip.
06439b097983e085a6b98e4a2059d2cd.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe