Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alley Kat Hat Co

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Rodmaker , tim has a delivery from Canada coming it left the cellar today , i had to hire someone to dig, the eight crates out and sort the stuff, ron says what is this city burned in the wood, oh that one in transyvani, you know dracula , made over 80 years old these hat moulds are old. It took two hours to sort and kinda figure out tim wanted maybe? and go to the post office , worst snow storm in 5 years to hit this part of Canada. Well it should take about a week for the hat moulds to get there, hope tim is happy, this man has a tired looking fedora that he wears these days. Your 59Lark which is sitting in two feet of snow in the lane.

Glad to see that stuff is going to a good home - finally....Good on you 59Lark

59Lark

Practically Family
No word from tim yet, must be away from devices or under a snow bank, sent a treadle sewing machine to michigian and it was there in 4 business days, so by that standard tim should be getting that box of goodies on thursday or friday this week. Had to pay someone to sort and pack this box for tim,. otherwise would have been till doomsday, have 32 paying customers cursing my name now, and this weekend did some work on a 1903 singer 15-30, on a other topic we have been working on a conversion have a elna no 1 sewing machine looking at cutting off the lower base, making a bracket to screw it on a work bench and then using it as a sewing machine to sew hats. with the free arm sticking out and no lower base it should allow the worker to sew around the leather collar in a fedora, as the singer machine made for this is ultra rare and expensive making a machine to do the job, should still be worth $200. to $300. also the hemmer attachment to sew the lip of the hat should be something to create, in my spare time crafting. what is spare time? 59 Lark less snow now ice storm.
/

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Hey TomS, I just got a box from Tim yesterday. A well made pecan beaver! I'll get pics up hopefully tomorrow. If I don't get them up tomorrow, it may be a while. I've got hip replacement surgery Monday! Going to wear my newest Cane's Creation to the hospital! Tim is making hats, he's working on a granite for me now.

59Lark

Practically Family
Loungers , tim is working on your projects we are building something for him, from secret lab in Canada deep in snow we are building a custom sewing machine for tim, taking a 1940s free arm and cutting the base off so the free arm will extend outward . So the operater can stand at a bench and sew the banding inside and we are going to modifiy a foot to curl the lip to sew the edge of the brim, larger amperage motor, solid state speed controller to go slow when you need too, little more machining and a weld and we should be ready to test next week. With two hundred machines for parts and 30 years worth of accumlated pieces, we keep saying we can do it we can rebuild him. just as long as we dont play the theme from the six million man. 59 Lark.

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Another New Pecan from Cane's Creations

I had this waiting for me when I got home this past Thursday! Tim finished it earlier this week, another great job!

IMG_0573_zps4e286c86.jpg

Right Side View:
IMG_0575_zpsec3eca4e.jpg

Left Side View:
IMG_0582_zps51870bde.jpg

Liner and the 1 1/2" sweat:
IMG_0576_zps7612a8d2.jpg

A noggin shot of a happy Preacher Man:
IMG_0579_zpsc80492ae.jpg

Please forgive the poor photography! These pics don't begin to do this hat justice. As always Tim's craftsmanship and customer service is top tier. He's a great hatter and great to work with....Tim, thanks for a great hat! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Landman

One Too Many
Preacher Man, that is a beautiful hat and it looks great on you! Those dimensions are perfect for you. How wide is that brim?

Great job Tim!

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Hello Landman, this brim is only 2 1/4"! It's the narrowest brim I own or have ever owned. To be honest I'm surprised at how it looks, I think the tall straight crown off sets the narrow brim dimension, like you said in a previous post. Tim is working on a granite for me now, it will have my usual 2 3/4" brim. I just wanted to try a narrow brim to see if one would work and through the discussions with Tim, decided to go with this one. He made it work! Thanks for the kind comments and thank you too Teach!

Brim size: 2-1/2

Hi Gentlemen, the brim size on this hat is 2-1/2 inch.....looks great on you Johnny!

Hello Landman, this brim is only 2 1/4"! It's the narrowest brim I own or have ever owned. To be honest I'm surprised at how it looks, I think the tall straight crown off sets the narrow brim dimension, like you said in a previous post. Tim is working on a granite for me now, it will have my usual 2 3/4" brim. I just wanted to try a narrow brim to see if one would work and through the discussions with Tim, decided to go with this one. He made it work! Thanks for the kind comments and thank you too Teach!

Vintage Lace & Trim

New in Town
Cane's Creations - Hat #8

Hi Gentlemen,

When Tim started making his hats, I asked him to send me a picture one of which was in a this link. I sold him some ribbon and wanted to see a finished product. I was amazed at how well this guy makes hats and he just started doing it......amazing...:eusa_clap And this Fedora Lounge, what a very cool place. I look forward to checking it out more often.

I told Tim some time ago that I wanted a hat and gave him some Ribbon and specifically, the ribbon on my new hat!! It is very cool to have my 1940's vintage ribbon returning to me in this fashion.;)

My hat is on it's way and I just can't wait to wear it, I am so excited. :whoo:

I am a female and love vintage mens clothing, and I am in business buying and selling vintage lace and trim. I decided that I needed one of Tim's hats to compliment my style. I can't wait to wear it when I am out on the road doing vintage textile shows....I am sure people will ask about my hat and I will direct them to Tim.

Here it is, a vintage look that reminds me of my Grandfather's hat.

The size is 7-1/8
The brim is 2-5/8 inches, the crown, open measures 5-3/4.

A Pecan Bunny Fur with a stunning Diamond Crease. And a splendid grograin which really compliments the hat color. A very vintage looking hat Tim, very nice indeed!

Enjoy: Jennifer

JOsner8001_zps5c04e35f.jpg

JOsner8003_zpsb0d3f98e.jpg

JOsner8009_zpseec82527.jpg

JOsner8019_zps251ffbad.jpg

JOsner8026_zps197a2831.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
VL&T,
that is one sweet hat ! & im diggin the Ribbon excellent color combo.

PreacherMan,
real good hat you have there ! That brim is Sharp, Looks like you got a new go to Hat !

Preacher Man

A-List Customer
Vintage Lace, fine looking hat!! I know it'll look great on you too! Tim does fine work. Thanks to all for the good comments. I made a miss lick on the keyboard when answering Landman on brim width, sorry! It is 2 1/2", not 2 1/4. After wearing a Campdraft with that 2 7/8" brim, this one looks mighty short to me! :) But I'll get used to it. I like this hat a lot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld