Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alleric to red lipstick, what to do?

Tifa

Familiar Face
Hello everyone I’m new here, or I’ve been around reading for quite some time but I believe this will be my first post!

This is another lipstick matter :p
I love wearing it and would like to do it as often as possible my problem though is that I’m allergic to red lipstick :/
I guess it’s the red pigment. Clinique is the only thing which doesn’t make my lips all itchy, dry and looking swollen.

Any tips on other brands like Clinique which is 100% allergy tested?
I just like 2 shades of red by Clinique and I can’t say that any of them is that perfect one!

I like lipsticks that are full coverage, the glossy stuff just doesn’t work on me.

//Tifa

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
Other organic brands that do bright reds are Annemarie Borlind and Jane Iredale. You could always do a patch test before you buy to see if your skin tolerates it.
If everything else fails you could follow the suggestion in an episode of Foyle's War and use beetroot juice to stain your lips! :p

Tifa

Familiar Face
Miss Retro said:
What about Dr Hauschka? I'm not sure if they do i bright red but i know they do lots of lovely colors and are organic/natural.

Yes that's right!

They even have that brand here in Sweden, I'll check it out!

Tifa

Familiar Face
ShrinkingViolet said:
Other organic brands that do bright reds are Annemarie Borlind and Jane Iredale. You could always do a patch test before you buy to see if your skin tolerates it.
If everything else fails you could follow the suggestion in an episode of Foyle's War and use beetroot juice to stain your lips! :p

Thank's!
I'll go look up those brands today! :)

Johanna

One of the Regulars
I don't know which Clinique shades you have, but just in case you haven't tried it I love the "flamenco" colour. It's my very favourite lipstick.

Tifa

Familiar Face
Johanna said:
I don't know which Clinique shades you have, but just in case you haven't tried it I love the "flamenco" colour. It's my very favourite lipstick.

Oh yes, I just bought that one a few weeks ago! It's great but they used to have tiny bit darker one called Vintage Red which seems to gone out of production :mad: The salesgirl I talked to didn't know anything about a shade with that name, but I'll think I'll go ask somewhere else just in case!

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
Tifa said:
Oh yes, I just bought that one a few weeks ago! It's great but they used to have tiny bit darker one called Vintage Red which seems to gone out of production :mad: The salesgirl I talked to didn't know anything about a shade with that name, but I'll think I'll go ask somewhere else just in case!

I just saw a Clinique color called Vintage Wine. Is that maybe the one you're thinking of?

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Tifa said:
You can find it on ebay!
Nikki

KittyT

I'll Lock Up

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I'm telling you guys, Clinique vintage red is on the bay. I also found it here, tho it's out of stock.
http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=20695
6fb6_1.JPG

Nikki

Tifa

Familiar Face

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe