Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ALL REPRO R.A.F. Irvin type jackets

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Those are fantastic pictures but didn't think the sun was ever visible in the UK. :D Where I live, we see way too much of the sun, especially during the summer months. :p

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
WW11 movie on TV, I just had to don the new jacket. ;)

While you definitely have the right chair for the movie, I'm afraid you don't quite have the proper seating position for The Battle Of Britain!
RAF_zps1d90b3b5.jpg

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Nice Irvin Dav and just the thing to watch old wwii movies in. Can't wait for our stuff to arrive from Oz after moving back here to Norway as I need mine now, it's -5 and a toasty Irvin is just what the doctor ordered!

alsendk

A-List Customer
Nice Irvin Dav and just the thing to watch old wwii movies in. Can't wait for our stuff to arrive from Oz after moving back here to Norway as I need mine now, it's -5 and a toasty Irvin is just what the doctor ordered!

Then one just have to say to you in norwegian language; God Jul og et Godt Nyttår Smithy :O)

Deacon211

One Too Many
I finally got the appropriate accessory for my Irvin for Christmas.

PC260148a.jpg

PC260150a.JPG

I still look like I'm being eaten by a bear in my ELC, but it's beginning to break in. :)

Merry Christmas everybody!

Deacon

kowalski

Practically Family
Deacon ; I have the same model Irvin ELC .I love this jacket.Roll neck and Irvin? , there must be very cold there:cool:.I wear rollneck or sweater under irvin jacket only just above minus 10 C + cap and gloves

Deacon211

One Too Many
When you gonna wear that in Kentucky? Love the jacket.

Worf

Ha! Today!

Actually, it was in the 20's way too many days last winter. I'm surely not going to go hiking in it. But, even when it's in the low 30's and windy, I'd wear it for a dog walk or anytime I might be standing outside for awhile.

The rollneck actually went pretty well with my G-1 to keep the neck warm as well.

Besides, isn't it something of a requirement to have a jumper if you get an Irvin? Isn't that like a law in England? :D

wdw

One Too Many
Looks very good on you Deacon. As for the law regarding jumpers and Irvins, I thought that and bought a roll neck for mine, only to realise that I had nowhere to put my phone and wallet for easy access. Now I use a work shirt with two pockets and a thin roll neck under that for more warmth.

Deacon211

One Too Many
Deacon ; I have the same model Irvin ELC .I love this jacket.Roll neck and Irvin? , there must be very cold there:cool:.I wear rollneck or sweater under irvin jacket only just above minus 10 C + cap and gloves

It's really well made. I'm just looking forward to it breaking in some. I recall my B-6 being like walking in cardboard when I go it too. Same same my ELC G-1. But both of them eventually became or are becoming respectively, soft as butter!

It's funny, I used to row crew and I'd just go to class in my shorts and a sweatshirt in the dead of winter.

But, after laying in a few too many muddy holes filled with freezing water in the Marines, my body has apparently decided that there is no good reason to be voluntarily cold! LOL!

Deacon211

One Too Many
Looks very good on you Deacon. As for the law regarding jumpers and Irvins, I thought that and bought a roll neck for mine, only to realise that I had nowhere to put my phone and wallet for easy access. Now I use a work shirt with two pockets and a thin roll neck under that for more warmth.

OK, just between you, me, and the Internet.......I wish the original Irvin had pockets. I had to go with the historical accuracy here. But those slash pockets in the B-6 sure do come in handy at times.

Plumbline

One Too Many
+1 which is why the ANJ-4 gets my vote every time :) .... i love the look and the colour of the Irvin .... but need pockets man !

Johnf

New in Town
Hello all, I own an Eastman Irvin late war with the dark fur. I am about to order an ACES HIGH IRVIN and would appreciate any tips on these. As far as I can see the ACES HIGH is second to none. I currently own the Eastman Irvin, An Eastman House A2 in Horse and an amazing AERO CHEYENNE which is standing in the corner of the room as I type. I did own an A1 but being old and fat I felt it was less that flattering so sold it on. I also owned an Eastman Early war but alas either it shrank or I outgrew it. I would appreciate any input. John in Reading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld