Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander Leathers

schitzo

Suspended
I didn't know Alexander made handbags too: has anyone got any more info on this? (Fyi, not sure us ladies dig messenger bags that look like Postman Pat's spare sack :p )

sure, here's some info for you. I've got my eye on that messenger bag so how about you delete this post of yours post-haste?

I'm serious btw, this is no way to make a good first impression

Girl on a Motorcycle

New in Town
sure, here's some info for you. I've got my eye on that messenger bag so how about you delete this post of yours post-haste?

I'm serious btw, this is no way to make a good first impression

But you sound smashing! ;)
No offence fella. Glad you like the bag - are you a postman? You could carry some bulky packages on your round with that chunky bag and its sturdy bigschool stitching

schitzo

Suspended
watch this Sloane, I know how to deal with the ladies..

Why thank you kindly GOAM. Yes my dear I am accustomed to carrying a bulky package with me, but actually I want this bag for stowing the multitude of paperwork I acquire from my voluntary charity work, which I carry out on weekday evenings and at weekends, to help save the starving children.

I trust that nobody with an ounce of decency is going to bid against me

Girl on a Motorcycle

New in Town
Well you sound like a man who knows what he wants Schitzo, especially in bags.
I'm a longtime lurker but hadn't seen anything about Alexander bags before, just jackets. Is this them branching out? Anyone taken the plunge yet and boughtone?

schitzo

Suspended
yep, all I want is for the children to eat and for me to win that messenger, the one with the thick strap.

AFAIK no-one's bought one cos these are the first ever.

Probably these are the 'experiments' that didn't quite work out, in other words they're most likely 'seconds' i.e. they have something wrong with them which is why they're so cheap. Ergo any poncey types with high standards to maintain are likely best off giving them a swerve to avoid disappointment

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended
Now how did I know you'd throw that one back at me!

Relax, GOAM has the know how to read between the lines and figure out for herself that it's all in jest. Yep, GOAM doesn't need signposting with smileys and exclamation marks; she's better than that

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Joking aside, is this Sandy A going back to his roots? I guess if we see a pair of matching brogues for that manbag, then we can be Schuh-re...

Edward

Bartender
Joking aside, is this Sandy A going back to his roots? I guess if we see a pair of matching brogues for that manbag, then we can be Schuh-re...

Years ago I loved going into Schuh. A lot of nicer trainers at the time, though they were limited in terms of 'proper shoes'. First place I ever saw New Rock boots!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Their own label shoes weren't too shoddy (pun alert) either. Obviously the just shoved their name on them, but I had a pair of suede brogues that lasted me for years. The days when they did really nice Red or Dead stuff are long gone though, it's every flavour of trainer you can imagine nowadays and a smattering of boots[huh], but I see they're about to open a flagship store in London. Odd to see AL trying their hand at something like a ladies bag though, my impression is that it's very much a label-led niche. [huh] Fashion fun for big gals.

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
Hmm, I'm not at all convinced by their bags but perhaps that's not fair as I can only go by the pics on Ebay. Also noted that all sales are final....

If you're looking for a manbag or small backpack at a reasonable price I think you could do worse than check out Henry Tomkins' site: http://www.htleather.co.uk It's not Nigel Cabourn but then neither is the tag.

wdw

One Too Many
Trouble is, finding a truly decent leather bag or briefcase is no easy matter.

I dipped my toe into that water, had a bad experience and just gave up as nothing seemed to be ideal, no matter what the price was.

I gather that Filson is pretty good, SAB much better but about £1,300 and Saddleback seem heavy and over-rated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe