Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Alexander bootrigand bison jacket

Yeah, it was a long, drawn-out drama (like many) and ***k it, enjoy the jacket. @Superfluous was correct about his points, but they seem to be a thing of the past, so enjoy your jacket @ton312.
Thank you. I will certainly throw up some pics of my bootlegger when it arrives. I hadn't given a great deal of thought to the AL/Aero clash in the past but I've certainly learned quite a bit in 24hrs!

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Bit like SB, truth be told...

You wish…. You wrote a couple of weeks ago that SB jackets weren’t turning up here much anymore, and I replied that it was hardly surprising people didn’t post their new SB jackets here given the comments and grief from a few noisy members.

Looking at how this thread went yesterday since I last looked in here…. QED I think.

Otter

One Too Many
You wish…. You wrote a couple of weeks ago that SB jackets weren’t turning up here much anymore, and I replied that it was hardly surprising people didn’t post their new SB jackets here given the comments and grief from a few noisy members.

Looking at how this thread went yesterday since I last looked in here…. QED I think.
Capes, have you an agenda you would like to declare ? Any connections ?

Please guys, I think we've exhausted the argument here. In retrospect I should've titled this post differently and used better word choice in describing the jacket but I was excited about it and didn't really think too much about what I wrote. Lesson learned there! I hope this is a place where an honest, fair assessment of something can be given. I love the products of both vendors. If that makes me a shill or whatever I'll simply no longer use the site. But my hope is that this is an open minded, free place. I love seeing what other members have and learning from their experience. Thanks and peace to you all during this special time of year

Tony-

Plumbline

One Too Many
Nice Fit Ton .... and a nice jacket .... I've had 3 Detroits ( One heavily modified, One Bison and One Steerhide .. the first jacket I purchased from Alexanders). I've also had 2 Aero Bootleggers ( previous management and both purchased 2nd hand) .... the early W collar, non M/C styles are amongst my favourite jackets.

The Bootlegger collar is a different cut to the Detroit ( the Bootlegger has a more pronounced W with the V cut between the collars being quite wide like a traditional M/C jacket and the Detroit has no buttonhole), the angle and length of the chest zip is different and also the Detroit doesn't have the epaulettes of the Bootlegger. From the fit of both and based on what I have owned, I suspect the Bootlegger is based on the Aero 1950's HB and the Detroit is based around the SB Arkansas HB design ( which is a narrower HB fit based on my 1950's Aero HB and Al Arkansas both of which are 44's ) ... either way the Detroit fits narrower in the hips, waist and shoulder and approx. 1 size down vs. the Bootlegger 1.e. a 44" Detroit fits like a 42" Bootlegger ( previous management ... hope that makes sense)

I haven't got a current Aero management Bootlegger ( nor indeed do I have both Aero Bootleggers any more .. these were moved on as I didn't like the epaulettes and my fit preference changed .... pretty much as a result of this place TBH) ... and have no idea if Ken & Co changed the pattern but I know a whole raft of patterns were reviewed and revised post 2013.

As many have said ... enjoy the jacket .... and have a Great Christmas :)

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Nice jacket. I actually like the back at bit more than my Bootleggers.... But Have no need for another one..... except mebbe in black.... (Carrie with her Jedi mind control again!)

Worf

Nice Fit Ton .... and a nice jacket .... I've had 3 Detroits ( One heavily modified, One Bison and One Steerhide .. the first jacket I purchased from Alexanders). I've also had 2 Aero Bootleggers ( previous management and both purchased 2nd hand) .... the early W collar, non M/C styles are amongst my favourite jackets.

The Bootlegger collar is a different cut to the Detroit ( the Bootlegger has a more pronounced W with the V cut between the collars being quite wide like a traditional M/C jacket and the Detroit has no buttonhole), the angle and length of the chest zip is different and also the Detroit doesn't have the epaulettes of the Bootlegger. From the fit of both and based on what I have owned, I suspect the Bootlegger is based on the Aero 1950's HB and the Detroit is based around the SB Arkansas HB design ( which is a narrower HB fit based on my 1950's Aero HB and Al Arkansas both of which are 44's ) ... either way the Detroit fits narrower in the hips, waist and shoulder and approx. 1 size down vs. the Bootlegger 1.e. a 44" Detroit fits like a 42" Bootlegger ( previous management ... hope that makes sense)

I haven't got a current Aero management Bootlegger ( nor indeed do I have both Aero Bootleggers any more .. these were moved on as I didn't like the epaulettes and my fit preference changed .... pretty much as a result of this place TBH) ... and have no idea if Ken & Co changed the pattern but I know a whole raft of patterns were reviewed and revised post 2013.

As many have said ... enjoy the jacket .... and have a Great Christmas :)
This is absolutely true. I wish I'd have given more thought and time to the language I chose. It's a poor representation to combine the name and call it a copy. I love this this jacket. I know I'll love the bootlegger. Merry Christmas and may there be heavy leather under your tree!

Or put this under your tree. Or rather, in your belly

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    807.7 KB · Views: 160

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Nice jacket. I actually like the back at bit more than my Bootleggers.... But Have no need for another one..... except mebbe in black.... (Carrie with her Jedi mind control again!)

Worf

Have you got any pics of you in your bootlegger Worf? I'm still hanging to see you in the new peice too, it's a lovely looking jacket.

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
Good I arrived late. I like missing all the rubbish and get straight to the.... "That's a good jacket" stuff and gess what, just chat around and swap some opinions and ideas about the jacket/s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe