Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akubra Value is Soaring Right Now

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Cookie, it's always a good thing to help out friends, especially when the rewards are so....rewarding. lol

byronic

One of the Regulars
....and for any european loungers- my akubra casual from hats direct was a snip as the euro is also riding high against the aussie dollar.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
indycop said:
It's later now where's those pics???:D

Can't seem to get into Photobucket. Keeps rejecting my password. I'm waiting for their email. I do have pics!

Silverbelly is more like the "sand" they use to describe it than silver. But it is nice. Softer than the Fed and Adventurer when new, but firmer than the Sydney. I gave it a diamond bash (what else!).

Still waiting though for Photobucket.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
New Campdraft

I got tired of waiting and just set up another account.

DSCN0617.jpg

DSCN0621.jpg

DSCN0620.jpg

This will definitely take the place of my panama for the fall and winter here where it still feels like spring. Wearing a panama this late in the year (I just moved here from Massachusetts) still feels weird, but it was 95 degrees yesterday. Today, this hat was perfect with a temp of 80 degrees.

carter

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Sounds like you hit the hat jackpot, Carter. What colors did you get? We'll be looking forward to seeing all of those.

The Campdraft is Tawny Fawn, the Pastoralist is Bluegrass Green, and the Federation IV is Carbon Grey. I figured to cover the waterfront. Or at least be a contender.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
Thanks, everyone. I think now that I've moved to SoCal, the dark colors that I've been wearing don't feel right. This light colored fedora feels right in this place. I may have to get more!

rgraham

A-List Customer
Nice bash.

I have two questions.

Can the string that's on it be removed easily? I forgot what it's called, but it's there so the hat won't fly away in the wind.

And in the second photo, there is a thing that looks like a staple in the band on the side opposite the bow. Is that there to hold the hat band on? And, I hope it's not a staple.

Thanks

kaosharper1

One Too Many
rgraham said:
Nice bash.

I have two questions.

Can the string that's on it be removed easily? I forgot what it's called, but it's there so the hat won't fly away in the wind.

And in the second photo, there is a thing that looks like a staple in the band on the side opposite the bow. Is that there to hold the hat band on? And, I hope it's not a staple.

Thanks

I think you could probably just cut the wind trolly off. I've discovered that you can tighten it, which I've done since I took the pics.

No staple. It's a thread tack holding on the ribbon. I think the lighting made it look a little more prominant than it is. Its no different than on the other hats I own which, admittedly, are mostly Akubras.

carter

I'll Lock Up
They're Heeeeere....

carter said:

The Campdraft is Tawny Fawn, the Pastoralist is Bluegrass Green, and the Federation IV is Carbon Grey. I figured to cover the waterfront. Or at least be a contender.

I just opened the front door and there were two boxes from the Hattery. One was the Pastoralist and the other was the Campdraft. :D They're both a tad wide in the 61cm but fit fine with the sizing strips installed.
I'm not up to RBH standard but I have put a diamond crease in the Campdraft and am very happy. :D This will be in my weekly rotation for certain. :)
The Pastoralist has a lower crown than I'm accustomed to but I can see wearing it in wooded settings. It'll definitely fit in somewhere. I like the color too.
Since worthlesswithoutpics, I'll make every effort to post some tomorrow or Monday. (IC, Keep your shirt on. They're coming.);) :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld