Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Airport Security

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Diamondback said:
Doh!, this is why I always make sure to arrive two hours before scheduled--if nothing else, I can always plant my nose in a book or mag (I try to keep the latest issue of Journal of Counterterrorism and Homeland Security International in the laptop case--just call me "Mini-Me Jack Bauer" lol ), or wire in and chew on a research/analysis project while I wait.

...your time can also be used to talk to beautiful interesting females in
airport terminal bars and restaurants. ;)

Retro Rob

Familiar Face
Don't even get me started. I Hate Flying ! My wife and I fly quite a bit to work on films or do demos/ lectures. I always have some obscure / Antique camera equipment with me. I've seen what they do to checked luggage, so my most valuable lenses/ cameras I hand carry. We always get pulled aside. There is always some clumsy moose digging through my $10,000 worth of gear. Once at Regan When I grabbed for a $5k lens that was about to get dumped on the floor, I was put in a chair an scolded like a 10 year old. They had a female TSA person "feel up" my wife in plain view of everyone, putting her hands under her blouse and in her pants. My wife was in tears. Neither I or my wife have ever had an arrest, maybe a traffic ticket 10 years ago, I have even had White House clearance. I know security is necessary, I am glad we have it, but this is still America not Communist Russia. If this is the way we must now behave, then the Terrorist have won. BTW while all this was going on, the Guy with the turban went right past security.

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Everytime I Travel does'nt matter where it is I always find vintage and antique china and glassware and I know if I checked these peices, when I get them they would be in pieces. So I always cary them in my carry on and always get stopped and made to unwrap everything! I guess the scanner can't tell the difference between glassware and boxcutters!:rage:

Samantha

SamMarlowPI

One Too Many
retrogirl1941 said:
Everytime I Travel does'nt matter where it is I always find vintage and antique china and glassware and I know if I checked these peices, when I get them they would be in pieces. So I always cary them in my carry on and always get stopped and made to unwrap everything! I guess the scanner can't tell the difference between glassware and boxcutters!:rage:

Samantha

that is definitely frustrating...

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Doh! said:
Brother, what airport are YOU using?

Chicago's O'Hare: Terminal #3- Wolfgang Puck's Restaurant,
and over in Terminal #2 there's a sport's bar I occasionally stop at,
and a Lufthansa stewardess offered to buy me a drink at JFK/NY...:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld