Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AERO size selection?

Cougar-NRW

New in Town
Hi@ll,

iI need some support concerning size selection for a new AERO A2 jacket.

I currently own a US Authentic (goatskin') A2 in Size 40 and it fits like a glove.

As I was informed by AERO Leather some measures like "shoulder to shoulder" from Aero Size 40 would be slightly smaller than the US -Authentic measures.

My measures are:
183cm tall, 73kg, chest 101cm

Would you go for a size 42 or do you think the Aero size 40 is almost alike a US-Auth. size 40?

Thanks for help!
cheers
cris

Burnsie

I actually have the same US Authentic jacket - goatskin, size 40. My Aero A-2 is a size 42 - both fit perfectly.
The US Authentic definitely runs larger than the Aero - I originally ordered a 42 from them and had to send it back to size down to 40.
Go with a size 42 Aero, it's a more "authentic WWII" fit - hope that helps!

Cougar-NRW

New in Town
Hi,

thanks for your helpful posting!
So you'd say that the Aero is more trimmer than US-Auth. and that a 42 from AERO fits like a 40 from US-Auth.

I choose the USAAF AERO Type A-2 (smooth Seal brown horse) which should be in the same pattern as 42-15142 'Anniversary' jackets.
I just have to confirm the size.

thanks again!

Burnsie

Cougar-NRW said:
So you'd say that the Aero is more trimmer than US-Auth. and that a 42 from AERO fits like a 40 from US-Auth.

Exactly - I found that to be the case, and my Aero is the 42-15142. You will LOVE the Aero! Enjoy it!

Cougar-NRW

New in Town
Okay, that helps a lot!

I'm really excited to get this jacket, although it is currently too warm to wear.
Is the Aero in much better quality then the US-Auth.?

cheers

Graemsay

Practically Family
Aeros sometimes run a bit small, so going up a size would be wise.

If you want to be sure, measure your jacket (armpit to armpit, length, etc.), send these through to Aero, and ask which size this corresponds to. They should be able to advise better. :)

Kentaurus in Koln carries a range of Aero jackets. If you live nearby it would be worth a visit.

Lastly, consider getting the jacket in oil pull leather. I saw one in this, and it looked fantastic. And they get even better with wear.

ethanedwards

One of the Regulars
Aero fit

Have to agree, I have an Aero Highwayman, 42" which fits perfectly. My Eastman A2 is a 44" and seems just right too. But I recently returned an Aero
A2 (Beacon anniversary) in a 44" because it was way too small. Very restrictive in the arms and shoulders, short in the body. I think a 46" would
have been OK! Getting a good fit on an A2 seems to be a minefield, but I hope this helps a bit and good luck with your choice.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
i was AERO-SiZED

i am in the process of purchasing an AERO highwayman with some style choices that turns it into basically (minus only the outside front and bottom buckles) a ww2 luftwaffe jacket...i'm really excited...

but when the sizing issue came up, their us rep, incredible guy, mark went over the sizing very carefully with me...my findings comparing my a-2 sizes for military spec a-2s (and g-1s) vs the aero highwayman was that with my 45" chest (unexpanded) i take a size 44 Long military spec sizing...so a milspec sporty's a-2 (from the 90s, not their current non-milspec), uswings a-2 (milspec), uswings g-1 (milspec), excelled leather actual usn issue g-1 (obviously milspec) all fit perfectly in a 44 long...

but going over my sizes with mark, he said my chest size and weight put me at basically his own personal aero size of needing a 46...

i don't know if the highwayman motorcycle jacket (or luftwaffe, since that is the basic design of it) size differs from aero's a-2s, but if not, then it appears that in most milspec a-2 and g-1 sizing, the aero requires one size up...my guess is that a us authentic is probably milspec sizing that compares equally to the jackets i mentioned above

hope that helps
johnnyjohnny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe