Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero liner & raw denim bleed

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Like many have said, give them a soak to knock off the loose indigo. While a little staining on the liner wouldn't necessarily bother me, having your hands turn blue just button them up .... that to me is a problem and I'd be looking at switching to a better brand of raw denim in the future.

Horseoak

Familiar Face
Like many have said, give them a soak to knock off the loose indigo. While a little staining on the liner wouldn't necessarily bother me, having your hands turn blue just button them up .... that to me is a problem and I'd be looking at switching to a better brand of raw denim in the future.
At 22oz I find that the skin transfer is more likely due to struggling with the fabric thickness when they're new, rather than the quality of the denim.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
how about sneaker cleaner or carpet cleaner foam, and then once dry spray that area with suede protector spray perhaps.

in my short experience with raw jeans the first soak there was not much dye coming out, what comes out more like brown stuff maybe starch or other chemical perhaps temporary fabric glue or whatever they use to control overly thick and rough fabric to sew into a pants, the second soak then more blue stuff coming out, yep I already light wash/ hand wash in cold water my jeans before 1 month, there the water turned blue. today I can't help myself to get 24oz indigo on both sides, I would spray the lower leg inside with that suede spray to protect my boots when it arrives.

btw maybe by simply wearing a chunky belt you might limit the contact between your jeans and the liner of your jacket.

Last edited:

Horseoak

Familiar Face
The jacket's been cleaned and I've soaked my entire denim collection for good measure. Consider this case closed

Attachments

• 20190209_074019-01-01.jpeg
    20190209_074019-01-01.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 291

VestCoast

A-List Customer
I don't know, i even have a pair of the 634s in the 14oz denim, never had a bleed problem.
I usually just soak for 30 min in lukewarm water, and agitate by hand until all yellow crap is gone.

Doing that i have never had blue hands or blue legs, or left blue on something i sat on (other than my belt and wallet), and i have every denim thickness IH makes.

Edit: now that i think about it, i don't have many jackets with a light lining, that probably is why.

Just to clarify my jeans dont have a bleeding issue either—no blue legs or fingers. They just have transferred a bit of indigo on my jacket liner because I wear them both a lot. I presoak all of my jeans and dont have any substantive issue staining issue but ill see transfer onto belts and some of my jackets over time. I sort of figured this low level bleed happened to everyone who wears raws to some degree.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
maybe in ironheart web (iirc) they say soaking will embed the stitches into the fabric so I imagine with some shrinking in the fabric and in the thread together when wet and through drying they set and blend into union and make the seam more solid , I don't know how much it really affect the lifespan of a pants, I think unless yours is unsanforized shrink to fit type, presoaking is not that necessary, especially if you just use normal washing plan, a month of wearing it unsoaked won't break anything, and then you wash it and wear for another month.

Mich486

One Too Many
That makes sense, thanks mate.

Doesn’t soaking/washing tighten cotton? I find my jeans after a wash are much stiffer than after a few wears.

From my understanding, washing regularly prolongs the life of jeans as when the denim feels too soft (as a result of wear) is because the cotton fibres kind of “relax” and in that state are more prone to tear. Water tighten them back. The first wash maybe takes away a bit of starch so that might make the jeans feel a bit softer but in my experience this is really minimal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiredGun