Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Leather Clothing trial update

garzo

One of the Regulars
Hey Sloan, I would also like to express my gratitude for your detailed reporting and I look forward to reading more of your copy on the subject as it is quite a gripping tale.

I must say, I'm a bit torn -- I was a big fan of the old Aero and then a big fan of the new (old-old) Aero but I was also a fan of Alexander Leathers, and I have great jackets from all of them. When I discovered Aero all those years ago it was the old management at the helm, and I had nothing but positive experiences with them. I stayed out of the whole storse saga simply because I -- forgive the pun -- had no horse in that particular race. As more and more information comes out about what looks increasingly like thievery and deception, I can't help but wonder what this all means for Alexander Leathers. I wonder why, if it was just one person, one manager, doing something wrong, so many employees would stick together in what appeared to be a clear sign of loyalty and solidarity as they set off and started their own company. There are a lot of questions still open that we'll probably never hear the answers to. It just makes me wonder ... Did no one know what Will was apparently up to? Were they all in cahoots? Did any of the old Aero/new Alexander gang come to his defence?

I'm thinking this would make a great miniseries -- A jaded alcoholic Selkirkshire detective investigates the dodgy activities of an enigmatic leather company boss ... with David Tennant or, better yet, Iain Glen in the lead role as the inspector with the troubled past ... and financially crippling leather jacket addiction.

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
Hey Sloan, I would also like to express my gratitude for your detailed reporting and I look forward to reading more of your copy on the subject as it is quite a gripping tale.

I must say, I'm a bit torn -- I was a big fan of the old Aero and then a big fan of the new (old-old) Aero but I was also a fan of Alexander Leathers, and I have great jackets from all of them. When I discovered Aero all those years ago it was the old management at the helm, and I had nothing but positive experiences with them. I stayed out of the whole storse saga simply because I -- forgive the pun -- had no horse in that particular race. As more and more information comes out about what looks increasingly like thievery and deception, I can't help but wonder what this all means for Alexander Leathers. I wonder why, if it was just one person, one manager, doing something wrong, so many employees would stick together in what appeared to be a clear sign of loyalty and solidarity as they set off and started their own company. There are a lot of questions still open that we'll probably never hear the answers to. It just makes me wonder ... Did no one know what Will was apparently up to? Were they all in cahoots? Did any of the old Aero/new Alexander gang come to his defence?

I'm thinking this would make a great miniseries -- A jaded alcoholic Selkirkshire detective investigates the dodgy activities of an enigmatic leather company boss ... with David Tennant or, better yet, Iain Glen in the lead role as the inspector with the troubled past ... and financially crippling leather jacket addiction.

And Daniel Craig as the gritty investigative reporter determined to get the whole story... (you're welcome Craig)

wdw

One Too Many
I'm seeing Harrison Ford as Ken, Keanu Reeves as Denny, Scarlett Johansen as Holly and Kiefer Sutherland as the dogged reporter Sloan. I'll leave it to others to suggest the villain of the piece.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Did someone say Scarlett Johansen? Woo-hoo!

I'd like to see a thread with just your information, Sloan. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
But if he offers you a leather jacket, I'd have a good close look at it first...

Quick straw poll. I was thinking of starting a thread devoted to the trial detail, just for people to read but not comment, the latter of which can be kept for this thread. How do people feel about this?

why not just add updates to original post back at page 1, or is there a limit how long a single post can be?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Simple answer is yes. Also, the trial lasted three weeks, so it'd work better in chapters, rather than simple adds.

Quick straw poll. I was thinking of starting a thread devoted to the trial detail, just for people to read but not comment, the latter of which can be kept for this thread. How do people feel about this?

I think that is an excellent idea. It would eliminate all the clutter of opinions and responses that can overwhelm and bury some of the facts within a much longer thread. I hope that the bartenders will allow that type of thread set-up since many of us are interested particularly in what you gleaned from your observations of the charges and trial.
HD

pawineguy

One Too Many
Oh ...come on..!! No one should play Sloan except...David Bowie...for cripes sakes...;)

Guys, we're missing the obvious... since Sloan has noted that TFL was discussed in the trial, there surely must be a scene (or scenes) with members typing away on their computer. HD, I've contacted Tommy Lee Jones for you, he'll have to grow his beard back in but he apparently can pull off the leather...

article-0-0BF452F2000005DC-56_224x608.jpg

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
But if he offers you a leather jacket, I'd have a good close look at it first...

Please do this!

Guys, we're missing the obvious... since Sloan has noted that TFL was discussed in the trial, there surely must be a scene (or scenes) with members typing away on their computer. HD, I've contacted Tommy Lee Jones for you, he'll have to grow his beard back in but he apparently can pull off the leather...

View attachment 28898

Tommy Lee sounds good to me. I'm awaiting Jack Nicholson's return email to see if he is willing to portray YOU.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
Simple answer is yes. Also, the trial lasted three weeks, so it'd work better in chapters, rather than simple adds.

If you've got transcripts, why don't you just act it out like a radio play, and release it as a podcast? (I'm joking).

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Any idea on when Aero can reclaim their property? I'm beginning to see a light at the end of this tunnel. Something about a sale?

I would go out tonight

One of the Regulars
There are some members here conspicuous by their absence.

I find it hard to imagine that Mr Alexander could continue to lend his name to an enterprise that has it's roots in such murky water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82