Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero: How long did it take to get yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Burton

One of the Regulars
I'm trying to get a handle on this as I've seen anywhere from 3 to 8 months. I'm wondering if they get less orders in the spring.

If you guys could, please post the month/year of when you placed your order and the month/year of when you received your coat. Thanks

borisna

A-List Customer
may 2 and waiting :(

did you consider to buy a sale aero? no waiting time, and they have some really nice items at the moment

I ordered my VFQHH Stuart on May 9. Amanda informed me the day before Aero left on their two week hiatus..that it would be shipped the first or second week of August.
HD

PS...I would advise ordering fairly soon so you don't run into their Christmas orders and holiday vacation shutdown.

Last edited:
Placing my order tonight for a 50's Half Belt Deluxe. Hoping - praying for delivery this year :)
Good luck all - post pix upon arrival!
PS - I know they're off until the 1st...

roadking04

Practically Family
You are right on top of things HD. I was gathering all my information and changes together back in the late fall of 2009 and early winter of 2010. I sent all my measurements, detailed instructions, and 1/2 of the payment in mid febuary of 2010.

You are right on top of things HD. I was gathering all my information and changes together back in the late fall of 2009 and early winter of 2010. I sent all my measurements, detailed instructions, and 1/2 of the payment in mid febuary of 2010.

Oh..I'm sorry RK..I thought that you were asking about linings here on the forum last fall (2010)...but maybe that was for a different jacket.

ando.thun

New in Town
- Order placed on 18th of November (Factoryhomepage)
- Predicted production mid to end February
- Jacket received 4th of May

14 weeks including Christmas hollidays and the shutdown due to extreme snow (the army had to clear the streets...)

twinx1649

New in Town
I placed my order on March 28th and I'm still getting the run-around from Amanda. I will gladly forward the email thread to anyone considering an order with AERO. The email thread eliminates all the "he said, she said" conjecture and will let you make up your own mind about how they are currently treating customers.

Sincerely,
Jim McCarthy
email: mcwheels@chartermi.net

I placed my order on March 28th and I'm still getting the run-around from Amanda. I will gladly forward the email thread to anyone considering an order with AERO. The email thread eliminates all the "he said, she said" conjecture and will let you make up your own mind about how they are currently treating customers.

Sincerely,
Jim McCarthy
email: mcwheels@chartermi.net

I emailed you. Sad to hear this after placing an order this week.

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
When I ordered my Irvin jacket, I was told by Amanda, that I had to wait several months (4-5 as far as I remember) before they got their new sheepskin supply. So I knew up front.
But when they finally got the sheepskins, the jacket was delivered three weeks before the fixed date :)

JakeHolman

One of the Regulars
30's HB ordered in 2007 took 10 weeks (as quoted)
CHPs motorcycle jacket ordered in 2008 took 12 weeks (as quoted)
Stuart ordered in 2010 to 15 weeks (3 weeks longer than quoted)

Seems like they as their business grows then things are taking longer which I guess should be expected. I don't know how many machinists they have or how long it takes to train someone however with the current economic climate in the UK I doubt they would be increasing their workforce significantly. Amanda has always been very straight forward, polite and honest in all the communications i've had with her, sorry you've had a counter experience twinx1649.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe