Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero Highwayman with mouton collar?

Edward

Bartender
Did the OP ever get this jacket?

Back in 2012, I idly specc'ed out a HWM in black, with black mouton collar and a shearling lining, as an idea for a warm, Winter jacket in black, to be worn as an alternatie to my B3 & Irvin (both, obviously, brown). Then, of course, Ken produced the Thunder Bay in 2013, and my eye turned to that - hope to order one of those next year... If you prefer the look of the HWM over the TB, though, a shearling-lining is an available option same as mouton collar. A mouton collar is a very welcome addition in a cold Winter, though it alone won't make the HWM more of a cold-weather jacket - it needs a warm lining too.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Nice one Julian and welcome. Lovely jacket and you can't go past a mouton collar, it's a great look.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I love the mouton collars. I'm a big fan of them. I really like the Thurston Bros ones that can be removed. It's a very versatile jacket with a snap on collar.

Edward

Bartender
I considered one of the snap-on/off collars at a time, but decided against it over the isue of whether they rode up and such. My Schott 618 has the studs for one, and I might well dabble with that in future, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe