Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aero booked up in hard times?

solomrus

New in Town
i figure that even if it's warming up when i get it, i can sleep in it a few times to help break it in some.

well, and that's also why i went with the cotton drill lining... more flexible wearing season.

week 10 in progress.

8^)

--r

bobjones

A-List Customer
solomrus said:
i figure that even if it's warming up when i get it, i can sleep in it a few times to help break it in some.

well, and that's also why i went with the cotton drill lining... more flexible wearing season.

week 10 in progress.

8^)

--r

The cotton drill lining is nice, and is usually used in the sleeves, but my Stockman had a "grant tartan" lining, and it is very soft, unlike any other wool I've seen. Its really no heavier than a cotton lining IMHO, and its so comfortable (feels like merino wool, or even softer and lighter) that I ordered my Hwyman in the black stewart lining of the same fabric.

The fabric itself is made of a wool/cotton hybrid, and is quite comfortable, even when relatively warmer outside. Here is the web page showing the choices Will sent me:

http://www.lochcarron.com/reiver.htm

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
Woah, that's a lot of beautiful tartans.
I've got a brown Highwayman coming with the Royal Stewart lining.
Have any of you tried different tartans in combo with the brown horse hide?
Does Aero allow you to use any tartan you want?
Lenny

Fenton

Familiar Face
OneEyeMan said:
Woah, that's a lot of beautiful tartans.
I've got a brown Highwayman coming with the Royal Stewart lining.
Have any of you tried different tartans in combo with the brown horse hide?
Does Aero allow you to use any tartan you want?
Lenny

that's a good question ... I was wondering the same. If so, I might actually change my order ...

Fenton

Familiar Face
solomrus said:

week 10 in progress.

8^)

--r

sleep in your jacket!? awesome!!!!!! :) that's the kind of determination we need!!!

OneEyeMan

Practically Family
Hey, mine is coming in May when it may be too warm to wear it out.
I also plan to sleep in it once or twice to break it in. :p
Lenny

solomrus

New in Town
where there's a will, there's a way...

only way to break in stiff boots is to wear them. i'm planning on the same technique for breaking in my half belt.

wear it working on the fj40? sure, why not?

wear it to wash the car? sure! why not?

wear it to drive x-country? sure! why not?

wear it to bed? sure, why... what?! what do you mean honey? i can't wear my jacket to bed?

8^)

--r

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe