Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Action Stations! share your action-backed, half-belted and hacking jackets!

H.Johnson

One Too Many
It's done both ways. Pleats are usually put above the waist to allow more freedom of arm and shoulder movement. They are less necessary below the waist as there is less movement (or restriction) in that part of the jacket.

A plain skirt (i.e. no pleats below the waist) is regarded by some as being neater. Some like the way the two sets of pleats come together at the false belt. This is a bit less formal to my eyes, and I can go either way.

I actually like a single French (inverted) pleat in the centre with a false belt, but my favourite jacket of all has a 'bi-swing' back (as I believe my US friends call it) without a false belt.

Here's one from a recently ended ebay auction. Very much like my linen one.

!BQpymj!BGk~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw1zHMKBJ6!y+h2+w~~_3.JPG

bk

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Gittes, did you get that jacket off ebay within the last couple months? Remember seeing one just like it on there, beautiful.

Mr. Rover said:
My linen suit that I had made in Hong Kong 2 years ago....
CIMG8820.jpg

CIMG8822.jpg

CIMG8842.jpg

Whatta suit. Enviable, especially that action back and the way the trousers drape with the wide legs. Perfectly balanced in appearance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe