Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Hat for my Dad

indycop

I'll Lock Up
texasgirl said:
Okay, so here's the hat for my Dad. My mom and I went to Hatco and picked this up. It's a Stetson Sovereign and it also said Chatham- I think that's the Style? It's actually more of a greenish brown, loden color. I think it will be a great starter hat, and if he like wearing a hat, I figured we could take him to Peter's Bros in March for his birthday and get something a little more expensive. So how did we do? Oh, and it was $48.
I wouldn't call it a starter hat! looks good to me!!:eusa_clap Peters Bros. is great! I have a custom made hat from them that I ordered over the phone and the fit and quality is perfect.:D

kokopelli

One of the Regulars
Very Nice

That's a very nice hat, I'm sure he'll love it. I hope my daughter get's me a modest 100X beaver cattleman with a rancher brim! .. I bet your dad would like one too;) Merry Christmas.. Ron

texasgirl said:
Okay, so here's the hat for my Dad. My mom and I went to Hatco and picked this up. It's a Stetson Sovereign and it also said Chatham- I think that's the Style? It's actually more of a greenish brown, loden color. I think it will be a great starter hat, and if he like wearing a hat, I figured we could take him to Peter's Bros in March for his birthday and get something a little more expensive. So how did we do? Oh, and it was $48.
IMG_2112.jpg

IMG_2113.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
texasgirl, That Stetson Soverign Chatham will be a very nice hat for your Dad. It's nice that you and your Mom went shopping together for his hat. I love the warmth of families who actually get together and shop for one another.

texasgirl

One Too Many
Oh, we had fun! Trying on all the hats and stuff. They have sooo many! And some are not in the best of shape, so you have to really hunt around. But I think we did good. I know it was suggested to actually take my Dad shopping for the hat, but he sells cars and works everyday except Sundays, and that is his day with my mom for them to spend together. So this worked out for us. Thanks everyone, I'll post a picture of him with the hat on after Christmas!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great choice! Earthtones, to me at least, seem a little more versatile than the grays, blues & black. Looks like a great starter hat, as you mention, and something your dad would be proud to wear.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
The Chatham is a quality fur felt hat. Many consider it to have "just right" proportions. It is a long running model, which will never go out of style. I think your father is going to like it. (And you got it for about 1/3 of the average internet price. But don't tell your daddy that!) :) :eusa_clap

texasgirl

One Too Many
Thanks Everyone!!!

I just wanted to let ya'll know my dad LOVED his hat! My mom told me today that he has been wearing it to work everyday! Thank you so much for the input and advice, I really appreciated it!

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

duggap

Banned
Way to go Texasgirl, now the world has another fedora wearer. Give yourself a gold star by your name. BTW how come you didn't get yourself a hat while you were there. In case you haven't noticed, around here we like women in fedoras. They go together very well. Happy new year.;)

texasgirl

One Too Many
I did actually buy 2 hats that day, one for my husband. It's a Dobbs Burton in a dark brown almost black color. But I can't find any reference to that style? But anyway, his fit perfect too! I was so relieved since they are final sale. But I did get a new hat for Christmas too! My husband got me this fantastic straw cloche hat. I'll post a picture when I get a chance. But I don't have any fedoras, lots of other hats though. I did try on a Borsalino at Miller Hats a few months ago that was heaven it was so soft, and it fit perfect, but was something like $270. But yeah, I may take him to Peters Bros, I think he'd enjoy that and throw in a trip to the Amon Carter always makes a fun day in Ft Worth!

indycop

I'll Lock Up
texasgirl said:
I did actually buy 2 hats that day, one for my husband. It's a Dobbs Burton in a dark brown almost black color. But I can't find any reference to that style? But anyway, his fit perfect too! I was so relieved since they are final sale. But I did get a new hat for Christmas too! My husband got me this fantastic straw cloche hat. I'll post a picture when I get a chance. But I don't have any fedoras, lots of other hats though. I did try on a Borsalino at Miller Hats a few months ago that was heaven it was so soft, and it fit perfect, but was something like $270. But yeah, I may take him to Peters Bros, I think he'd enjoy that and throw in a trip to the Amon Carter always makes a fun day in Ft Worth!
Sooo we will be seeing the 3 of you in the "what hat are you today" thread soon?:D :rolleyes:

carter

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Sooo we will be seeing the 3 of you in the "what hat are you today" thread soon?:D :rolleyes:

I have to agree with Indycop, a trio photo would be excellent.

Your dad looks great in his Stetson!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe