Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Fedora Lounge Akubra Hat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

griffer

Practically Family
<Sigh> Someone said on the first page that this thread wouldn't end well.

I know this guy, named Art, I'll just design my own hats for me and have him make them.

With beanie propellers.

And lights.

They will be 133t.

Stoney

Practically Family
Feraud said:
This is just a humble opinion but when I want that "certain" hat I am going straight to Art!

That's always an option, and a great one. It really wouldnlt be required if the hats being produced today were both better in style and quality which goes directly to the heart of this project.

jml90

One of the Regulars
Zohar said:
jm190, we can't stomach any more of this nonsense. You simply are not reading, or are refusing to comprehend what is being said.

For the final time:

NO SPONSOR HAS MADE ANY SORT OF COMPLAINT.

ANY VENDOR IS FREE TO PURSUE THIS IDEA DIRECTLY.

THIS CANNOT BE PURSUED USING THE FEDORA LOUNGE VIA THE SATOR/NUNGAR ROUTE. NOR VIA ANY PERSON WHO WOULD OPEN THEMSELVES UP TO BEING CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE.

YOU CANNOT "GUARANTEE" ANYTHING AS YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT WOULD BE INVOLVED.

I never said the sponsors made a complaint.
MK never said we couldn't do it only the bartenders said that.
Mk has said that it cannot be 'official'. So as long as we take the ideas there say here that's what a lot of fellas want he makes it whoever wants to buys it.

What in the world is the problem?

Feraud

Bartender
Stoney said:
That's always an option, and a great one. It really wouldnlt be required if the hats being produced today were both better in style and quality which goes directly to the heart of this project.
I agree. The hats today are not better in style and production and this is where we stand.
I am all for working together for a particular product but I will not work with those who view co-operation as, "my way or the highway".
Not with my time and money.

Stoney

Practically Family
I guess the first poll would have to be " Who is still interested in continuing this project?"

At this point we're waiting for direct vendor involvement. We should still be able to continue the discussion while waiting for that to happen. If Steve, of Nungar Trading, fails to folow through then my vote is that we resart the thread with a new title that does not include the words Akubra or Official Lounge Hat and open it up to any vendor who would like to proceed. If more than one vendor is interested, then great. We can do more than one design.

I started the last round of, very brief, polls. It's your turn Wolfman Jack.
lol

Stoney

Practically Family
Feraud said:
I agree. The hats today are not better in style and production and this is where we stand.
I am all for working together for a particular product but I will not work with those who view co-operation as, "my way or the highway".
Not with my time and money.

Agreed. I've always heard that there is no "I" in Team for a reason.

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
griffer said:
<Sigh> Someone said on the first page that this thread wouldn't end well.

I know this guy, named Art, I'll just design my own hats for me and have him make them.

With beanie propellers.

And lights.

They will be 133t.

will that be with a raw brim or finished ? how big of a propeller ??? I want one too.....lol lol lol

mark the shoeshine boy

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
This cannot continue..

In the HATS section, we discuss vintage and current hats. There are several vendors who make classic reproductions of vintage hats, of the best quality. Again, there are vendors who sell current manufactured hats, of excellent quality. And there are those who are not members/vendors/ or anything, (ie. OPTIMO), who sell excellent quality hats, wholly separate from the LOUNGE.

I believe that it is very easy to sit behind the keyboard, and suggest that an "official hat" be made for Lounge members. Someone says the maker would "sell all of them".

I digress.

If you go back and read all the posts just in this thread, it becomes very obvious to the reader that everyone who posted had a different "idea" as to what this "custom hat" would be.

I would buy only if it was pure beaver, dove grey, with bound edge, tall crown and a black band. Must have traditional bow, and a light brown sweatband.

Now, how many, dear readers, agree with MY opinion? Few. Some.

See the point? If you want your and I mean YOUR dream hat, I cannot think of a better way to have someone currently on the Lounge, or some vendor, or hatter we have discussed, MAKE YOU your HAT. The price can be inexpensive, or staggering, all to fit your budget.

Let this discussion not become PERSONAL.. just think of what is involved with making a "production run" of any particular style or design.

I think it better to buy custom made, while you can, at the bargain prices that exist today.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
As the other Mods have said, and myself... this is a dead thread.

Matt Deckard said:
Point in frankness, there are several hatmakers here on the board who would be glad to recreate for you A Whippet or any other hat.

Talk to Art or Graham... They can duplicate it down to the last detail. If it's about recreating the quality of vintage felt, they are at the forefront of that mission and I believe already have the closest thing available on the market.

If you want to make a hat with Akubra and sell it as yours and yours alone an accept a vendor status that is another matter entirely.

The Lounge will not at this moment create or condone an official hat.

Show the custom hatters on this forum what you want and it will be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe