Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A Bit Funny

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I remember seeing so many photos from the Depression where the men still have their fedoras. Sometimes they look kinda ratty but still got style.

Sincerely,
The Wolf

MAB1

Suspended
Boxerken said:
I hope we can dress that well in the next depression. And I hope i'm totally wrong.

That's sometime next week?

Isn't it a retirement party for the present President and VP?

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Boxerken said:
I hope we can dress that well in the next depression. And I hope i'm totally wrong.

Those gents had most probably their only set of suit fedora and shoes (maybe there was one more).
As to the other part - we'll see.[huh]

donCarlos

Practically Family
HungaryTom said:
Those gents had most probably their only set of suit fedora and shoes (maybe there was one more).
As to the other part - we'll see.[huh]
Many people today don´t have even the one set...

HungaryTom

One Too Many
donCarlos said:
Many people today don´t have even the one set...
DonCarlos,

I agree - this is why money should be carefully spent for timeless classics; style is cheaper on the long run than to exchange one's wardrobe every year chasing this or the other trend.

If you get yourself a for example a cream suit you will look great in the next 8-10 summers if there is the occasion - and if you are disciplined and lucky with your weight than even longer.

A dark suit with a pairs of nice black leather shoes is obligatory anyway: it gives the essential smart look at a number of occasions even if later you are having your personal 'Great Depression' in fiscal terms - years of studying for example.

donCarlos

Practically Family
HungaryTom said:
A dark suit with a pairs of nice black leather shoes is obligatory anyway: it gives the essential smart look at a number of occasions even if later you are having your personal 'Great Depression' in fiscal terms - years of studying for example.
Don´t tell me, I know that, but I know some people who don´t and that´s very sad. I´ve met a guy, on a formal occasion, who confessed to having his suit borrowed, because he had none. Not because he was poor, just because he thought has no use for it. I wonder how can one live without having a suit...

HungaryTom

One Too Many
I didn't mean to lecture you - I met a quite a few nouveau rich 'enterpreneurs' who have their urban jeeps, villas and not a single suit or if they put on one they look like bouncer of a nightclub.
Style can not be purchased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe