Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

A-2 Nak Jacket

Bogie

One of the Regulars
What can I say gentlemen? Other than I'm a cheapskate. :p

Sure, the 'Nak' company (which I never heard of until I saw this jacket) may not have the prestige of Aero or some of the other fine companies that are well out of my budget as a soon to be freshman in college. But I have to say that this jacket grabbed me right off the bat. Sure, that ink stain was ugly, but I figured I could fix her up.

I compared it to some of the pricer jackets in features of design, made a leap of faith, and bought the darn thing. Within four days, it was at my doorstep.

The first thing I tried to do with some help from Yahoo answers was to remove the horrendous previous owners scratching out of the first owner's name. In ink no less. I saw this as rather silly, and with q-tips, light soaking, and rubbing alcohol I managed to get this much off. Being that I am a cheapskate, and don't believe in dry cleaning, I consider this to be quite an accomplishment. :D

There is a shot of the jacket overall. I really like how it has normal 'side' pockets as well as the two in front. I don't know if this is a standard A-2 feature of not.

Well fellows? Any comments? I rather like her myself, nice and warm, although not nearly as warm as my peacoat.

James Miller

One of the Regulars
Good deal!

Great way to start. it doesn't look too bad. After you wear it for a while you will be hooked and after you finish school you will be able to buy another and anotherlol . See once you start it's hard to stop with just one.

Trust me I know. Enjoy and I hope it last for many years.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
you are dooMed!

you may have gotten some cheap jacket that doesn't look too bad, but the fact you are here, writing about it, means you will start educating yourself on militaRy jackets, and end up spending thousands and thousands as you move from level to level of appreciation regarding military jackets...you are indeed dooMed...start $aving noW!

by the way, that's an anj-3, or g-2, jacket style, albeit with a seam down the middle of the back where the back should actually be a one-piece...and it has side pockets the original wouldn't have...but not an a-2

kind of like the jacket that jack nicholson wore in 'one flew over the cuckoo's nest'

and, yes, soon you'll be as crazy as jack was in that movie...but about jackets

johnnyjohnny

Stonesfan

Suspended
Yes indeed...You will be a poor lost soul in no time, so start saving up your dough and plop it down on a real treasure, you won't be sorry. You won't, but your wallet just might be though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe