Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

8 panel hat...Need suggestions???

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
Will B! wear make a more generous-cut cap if you request it? They have a lot of great fabrics but I am not quite sure about their very trim cut.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
I'm sure he will, but there is a no return policy on custom orders. I had him change the bill on one of my caps and he told me I would be sorry. I went ahead anyway, and I was sorry. Although my latest cap appears to be a little fuller in cut.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Daniel...

Have you let your 'stache grow out any longer than in the photos showing your hat?

You really ought to drape the cap to one side or the other, I think the look would enhance the handlebar moustache.

rdgrove

New in Town
8 panel

i bought the borsalino 8 panel and am very pleased. the leather and construction are excellent.
the price is $225 per. pretty steep! but worth it.
rick

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Great, if you like it, but frankly I think you got ripped off. A cap for $225? You can get a custom made pure Beaver fur felt fedora for that. What's the cap made of anyway? I believe you paid for the name and they saw you coming, my friend.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Bob: I used to have the ends around 5" long waxed and curled like Waddie Mitchels stache. Just got to be too much to take care of. I like to wax it into shape, but I'll keep the ends much shorter and much more manageable. As far as the hat tilt goes, capitol idea!

Cheers!

Dan

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Wadie has a great 'stache going don't he?

I'll ocassionally let mine grow out 3 or 4 inches. I use a wax called 'Brother's Love', from Germany. I also experiment with making my own wax. Right now I don't have a handlebar, instead I got a cross between a Tom Selleck and a Sam Elliott and a spit catcher like Colonel Sanders. No pictures, alas no digital.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I've tried 'Brother's Love' before. Right now I use Jinglebobs and like the all day hold without being too stiff in the cold or melting in the heat. Tried it out in Nevada this last winter and found it still flexable in a high of 24?Ǭ? F. Best bang for the buck in my book. And, if you ask them real nice like, they will give you a free sample which has lasted me the last two years. You can find them here:
http://www.jinglebobs.com/

Cheers!

Dan

Damon Falzone

One of the Regulars
B!Wear 8 Panel

Sorry for this late post but I just received my B!Wear Gatsby Cap in grey herringbone from Brett. What a great cap at a great price! I think I'm going to order a linen for the summer.
Thanks, Damon

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Damon Falzone said:
Sorry for this late post but I just received my B!Wear Gatsby Cap in grey herringbone from Brett. What a great cap at a great price! I think I'm going to order a linen for the summer.
Thanks, Damon

I own a B! Wear linen cap. It's a beautiful looking hat. Just need to get a suit to match it. Right now I'm waiting for a grey wool one from Brett. There will likely be more.... :cool:

Giftmacher

One Too Many
What do you think about those cheap caps from ebay? This one was $23.75. The brand is Gear.
8panelcap.jpg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
B!Wear are great. I'm also very fond of my Stetson Burneys (hogskin leather, one black, one brown - ideal for depths of Winter and/or heavy rain). Plus I have a few others including cotton and linen models of assorted colours for Summer wear. Cheaper options in a cap can be great. Personally I tend to avoid those which are of a 'one size fits all' nature as opposed to properly sized (even if it is only s/m/l, as most caps are, rather than true sizes), but that's more as the one-size options tend to be the very cheapest of the cheap, and cut corners here and there.

T Rick

Practically Family
My "one size fits most" gray linen Big Apple tends to slide up in the back occasionally (elastic), but is a decent look and of sufficient quality. My Cappa's 8/4 in black linen is nice, a bit more subdued as it is a smaller cut (I've taken to liking the jaunty drape of an extra full cut). My favorite now is a Hat People Green/Brown/Black wool extra full cut. These are made to size/order, and are nice quality.

orig.jpg

HP Extra Full

Also liking this "vintage" (70's maybe?) Dobbs on occasion, though again it is smaller in overall volume.

orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Two poor shots of the Dobbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rand S