Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50 Unexplainable Photos

Warbaby

One Too Many
Little Griselda was not happy with her new hair style...

StrangeHairGirl_5x8.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
wrong again.... sorry Flat

That photo has been photoshopped - and how! Well, at least it has been composited - you don't really need Photoshop to do this kind of work; there are other dedicated software packages out there, even though most of them are used on film and video sequences rather than still images (Combustion/Shake/After Effects/Fusion etc.). I still work with Photoshop a lot and a few years ago this kind of digital compositing/matte painting stuff was exactly part of what I was doing for a living: blending a lot of different elements into a single image - and make it convincing. If you blow up this particular photo you can actually tell where that whole owl tableau has been blended into the Louise Brooks photo. Add to that that the lighting situation on the owl rig doesn't quite match that of the main plate. This is defnitely a composite image.

For starters, here's the original background plate without all that owl junk:

Annex%20-%20Brooks,%20Louise_37.jpg

20sowlhat1.jpg

Last edited:

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Bravo Mario.
Yep, I wondered why I didn't see the shadow of the owl on her head.
Of course each time I viewed the pic it was evening, and I'd had a bit of wine.
When you do that, you don't wonder about too much. :)

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
That photo has been photoshopped -

Right again, sorry Mario! :blah: lol

photoshopped or not it weird, isn't it, like so many photos in this thread!

4spurs I also saw that same hat at Will & Kate's wedding . . . and it wasn't photoshopped! (or was it Mario?)lol

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
That photo has been photoshopped - and how! Well, at least it has been composited - you don't really need Photoshop to do this kind of work; there are other dedicated software packages out there, even though most of them are used on film and video sequences rather than still images (Combustion/Shake/After Effects/Fusion etc.). I still work with Photoshop a lot and a few years ago this kind of digital compositing/matte painting stuff was exactly part of what I was doing for a living: blending a lot of different elements into a single image - and make it convincing. If you blow up this particular photo you can actually tell where that whole owl tableau has been blended into the Louise Brooks photo. Add to that that the lighting situation on the owl rig doesn't quite match that of the main plate. This is defnitely a composite image.

For starters, here's the original background plate without all that owl junk:

Annex%20-%20Brooks,%20Louise_37.jpg

20sowlhat1.jpg

I was about to say, Lulu tell me it isn't so!

Chas

One Too Many
StrangeHairGirl_5x8.jpg

"Now, didn't I warn you what would happen if you didn't stay still while mummy was cutting your hair? We're going to take that photo now. And this is going RIGHT on the mantlepiece."

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
It's like the poor child has a really bad hair piece on! Please someone tell that's the case?

That is absolutely the case , that creature from outer space is bold, two hair pieces have been stuck to either side of the head ,the photographer insisted.

she likes vinyl
tumblr_lmfr3rb5Xd1qct7n1o1_500.jpg

she hates it .... but I am not going to explain anything! :whistling
tumblr_lkp37pINoZ1qd7ztjo1_500.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe