Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

50 Unexplainable Photos

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
Hey, I found another monkey working hard to earn an honest living.....

wtf-photos-from-old-times10.jpg

I love this photo. The expression on the monkey is priceless! Plus, I like the dogs. :)

TidiousTed

Practically Family
11056_vamp.jpg

A complete and authentic vampire slaying kit, circa 1800 and housed in a walnut case. During the late 1800s, Europe was gripped by vampire hysteria. This led to the production and sale of vampire slaying kits. The kit was originally created by Ernst Blomberg and distributed in and around Transylvania.

11100_case4.jpg

Francis Gerber Vampyric research case, circa 1780
Founded in Chicago in 1977 as the Vampire Studies Society by Martin V. Riccardo, the organization was the first vampire fan club to use the word “vampire” in its name (there had previously been several organizations built around Dracula). For several years the society published a Journal of Vampirism. The word “society” was dropped in 1990 and Vampire Studies now exists as a correspondence network and information clearing-house for people interested in all aspects of vampire lore.

Isn’t it nice to know there are still people keeping up the good work out there – Ted

TidiousTed

Practically Family
hearingaid.jpg

I must admit that I find it rather disappointing that after several hundred years of development the hearing aids are still both very large and nearly useless seen from a practical point of view.

Dubya

One of the Regulars
hearingaid.jpg

I must admit that I find it rather disappointing that after several hundred years of development the hearing aids are still both very large and nearly useless seen from a practical point of view.

lollol

Just after the photo was taken, a police car sped past on Blues and Twos causing his head to explode! :D

rue

11056_vamp.jpg

A complete and authentic vampire slaying kit, circa 1800 and housed in a walnut case. During the late 1800s, Europe was gripped by vampire hysteria. This led to the production and sale of vampire slaying kits. The kit was originally created by Ernst Blomberg and distributed in and around Transylvania.

11100_case4.jpg

Founded in Chicago in 1977 as the Vampire Studies Society by Martin V. Riccardo, the organization was the first vampire fan club to use the word “vampire” in its name (there had previously been several organizations built around Dracula). For several years the society published a Journal of Vampirism. The word “society” was dropped in 1990 and Vampire Studies now exists as a correspondence network and information clearing-house for people interested in all aspects of vampire lore.

Isn’t it nice to know there are still people keeping up the good work out there – Ted
The poor vampires! :eeek:

Edward

Bartender
11056_vamp.jpg

11100_case4.jpg

Ohhhhhhh! I would *love* to own one of those. I could see a big market for them in the steampunk / gothic horror crossover market....

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
11056_vamp.jpg

11100_case4.jpg

This was very interesting to see. Thank you for sharing this. I have a friend who loves vampires and I think she would like to see this. This is right up her alley. :) She likes vampires. I like vintage. We make a great team. lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe